I don't need any more guns.

Auto5

I've got the basic areas of home defense, concealed carry (in several flavors), hunting, target and recreational shooting pretty well covered. Now I'm just buying guns that I WANT.

I just picked up a nice Browning FN model 1910 in .32 acp just because I've always wanted one. I love the sleek looks. This is the gun that started the Great War. It was also said to have been John M. Browning's personal favorite. You can't get a higher recommendation than that.

Next on my list: my local GS has an old model Bearcat that needs a little TLC. If I can get it for the right price, I'd reblue it, polish up the brass triggerguard and add some pretty stag grips, making the little gem suitable to pass on to my grandson when the time comes.

Finally, I want a Luger. Not because I'm a collector or historian, but because it was the weapon of choice for the movie and television villains, criminal masterminds and evil spies of my youth. I'll also need to get a black turtleneck and an eye patch or maybe a monocle. Too bad I dont have a facial scar.

I stopped NEEDING guns a long time ago, never really affected the rate at which I'm BUYING guns, though.:)

I found the "perfect gun" in the S&W M19 I bought new back in the late 1970's.

I just didn't know it at the time & continued to buy guns I never needed....

I definitely don't need any more guns,,,

I definitely don't need any more guns,,,
But I know I will eventually buy some more.

I'm to the point now,,,
Where my wish list is fulfilled.

I am sure that even as I type this,,,
The Evil Pawn Shop Guy will get something in to tickle my fancy.

But that's what it will be for me,,,
Just a gun that intrigues me,,,
Not something I need.

Besides,,,
One can never own too many DA 22 revolvers.

Aarond

Auto5,

The original Bearcat had an aluminum frame, it will not respond to bluing. You can anodize it though. Anodizing is a much tamer process.

BTW I've wanted one since about 1971 but never came across "the right one". Someday...

... Finally, I want a Luger...

Sure, sure.. finally. :rolleyes: Naw, there'll always be one more! :D

Lugers are a lot fun and you can get a mixed numbers shooter with little collector value for maybe $800. If you just want an old German pistol to shoot the P1 can be had for around $350.

I believe it's called "Riding a Hobbyhorse" and I have many.

Guns
Watches
Pens
Flashlights
Knives
Guitars
Photography equipment

One of the great marvels of the latter half of the 20 century. To go on line and find out I'm not the only one with obsessions, in fact there are many many more just like me. ;)

Back