I can't make up my mind!

Hi Tamara I would get the Border Marshall back pronto.
Plead temporary insanity. I had a V-10 bought used previous owner had a trigger job and Heine slant pro sights put on it. The v-10 was only accurate with 185 grain Hydrashok +P. The Blast and flash was like a smack on the forehead, which is where half the brass hit me after it bounced off the ceiling every time I fired it. It jammed frequently (5 times per 50 rounds) with every kind of ammo. If you had to use it for self defense you would be deaf for a week because its louder than a .357 mag snubbie. You wont notice the recoil reduction because of the noise and flash.
I own 2 fullsize .45 1911's and the full size is the only way to go. If you want a compact .45 get a glock 30.
The v-10's get adoptetd for a while and then traded by disappointed owners just search the board and you will see.
I traded mine in about a month ago on a Beretta Inox 92 FS compact. I was thrilled when the gunshop owner agreed to swap me + $75.00.
The v-10 is not a good target gun and not a good defense gun.
It is a useless novelty there was no room for it in my collection.

Get a box of ammo shoot it and you will agree.

Sorry.

Congrats on the Springfield! While it loses quite a bit of velocity with 230 grain bullets, why shoot the 230 grain bullets then? The 165 and 185 grain +P hollow points will more then suffice for a defensive load.

Muzzle flash and recoil is a bit harsh with +P loads but knowing you and your 10mm, that shouldn't be an issue :)

Sell the Beretta to your roomie, and buy the SA. Then, the next payday, when said roomie is tired of the Beretta, buy it back at a discount (since it's had multiple owners).

Tamara,

I believe you made the right decision. For someone of your obvious competence and experience in firearms not to have a high-quality 1911A1 "type" is, at least, unusual. IMHO, Springfield makes excellent firearms -- I could not be happier with my TRP or my "Loaded" -- and the .45 ACP round really remains a world-wide standard for proven effectiveness.

Best regards.

Guys, I dont remember Tam saying anything about carrying the Springfield. If she did, I think the 165gr Hyrdashoks are a good round for a 3.5 in barrel.

Sell the Beretta to your roomie, and buy the SA. Then, the next payday, when said roomie is tired of the Beretta, buy it back at a discount (since it's had multiple owners).

You know, buzz, that may just work. Her roomie is rumored to have a severe case of guntradeitis. Then again, I think he'd much rather talk her out of that sweet 625-4 she owns.

Tamara,

I love guns, we love guns, you love guns. And we love owning and shooting different kinds. No matter your rationale for getting the V-10 I'm sure it was wholly justified. I sold Ruger revolvers, a Browning HP, and a S&W 686 for something "better" or something "as a more interesting addition" only to regret selling them. At the time it made sense, but I never knew how much I missed them until they were gone.

*I've sold a perfectly good .357 revolver for $250! Today, if I saw one in that condition for that much I would feel like I hit the jackpot! You get the picture.

But I do understand our urges. And I almost forgot you work at gunstore with a constant flow of quality used guns. I'd develop a sweet tooth too. Just make sure to save money for other important things life....like ammo.

Back