I can't believe we are bashing the NRA!!!

If I sent $5 every time the NRA/ILA asked, I would be perpetually broke.

Maybe we need a militant wing of the NRA like Sinn Fein has the IRA.

I just got trhough reading some of the JPFO's alerts. One made an interesting point or two. One is they say they will not compromise. :) No gun control. :) (Someting I have appended to my posts,"COMPROMISE IS NOT AN OPTION!) :) The second is if the NRA gets rid of all gun control, they no longer have a reason to hit us up for all that MONEY. No money, no more humungous salaries for the head honchos. I have heard rumors that LaPierre"s salary is around a quarter million a year, plus expenses. Don't know how true that is, but it might be worth finding out. By the way, I just wrote a check out for JPFO. I like what they say. :)
Paul B.
COMPROMISE IS NOT AN OPTION!

With regard to LaPierre or anyone else earning $250K per year, I can tell you from experience that I doubt anyone of reasonable character would actually sell their soul for that money. The tax man rapes you, and there is less left than you might think.

You bet - it's a damn good living. But it doesn't make you into Bill Gates. And, if you're really good (e.g. you pushed back the bulldozer of gun control?), there's another job available after that one that might just pay even better. IMHO.

Jeff: I agree, who'd sell their soul for a quarter mill? Now, if they didn't have one to begin with... I first joined the NRA because I was pissed off about Bush banning the importation of a gun I'd been saving for years to buy, the HK 93. I sent them a LOT of money back then. They endorsed Bush for re-election, and I sent them less money. In '94, here in Michigan, a Libertarian candidate for Senate, John Coon, went to great lengths so obtain the support of NRA members, with great success. (The envelope stuffing rooms looked like an NRA convention!) He was doing really well, and the state political experts gave him a real chance of winning... Until the NRA spit in the face of Michigan NRA members, and endorsed Abraham, without even talking to us first. The NRA spent the money I sent them to help defeat David Bonior on radio ads ATTACKING THE MOST PRO-GUN CANDIDATE IN THE RACE. Coon wound up spending the last of HIS campaign funds on ads urging NRA members not to resign their memberships. I sent them less money after that.

The NRA spent most of the '96 campaign flat out lying about Dole's anti-gun record, and urged us to vote for the man who saved the defeated Brady law, and brokered a deal which prevented the "assault weapons" ban from being filibustered. That was when I stopped giving them any money at all.

Back