I can only buy a rifle I need it!

Well, I am pretty satisfied with what I have. Although my modest collection is still in the single digits, I use all of them. I can imagine a few more, but I need to justify it to myself first. If I do decide to get another, I wouldn't even mention it.

You need to quit thinking in terms of an excuse and think in terms of a reason. Isn't the same thing. "I want one." is a reason. So is "whole family gets to participate and my boys."
"my son is into that now" is an excuse that could be twisted into a reason. Same with "My birthday is next month.".
"I don't need anymore..." Is just an excuse. snicker.
"satisfied with what I have." is a sickness. Remember that he who dies with the most toys, wins. HAHAHA

My problem is just the opposite. My wife owns a .380, a .22 revolver, a .22 semi-auto and a .45 auto. Now she wants a .40 semi-auto. I told her she doesn't need anything else except maybe a .454 Casull LOL. I have never had to justify anything to her. I'm always the one doing the justifying. I obviously married well.

Stopped by the lgs today with wife and kids to pick up new scope and some ammo. While looking at a couple of rifles my wife tells me I can only buy a new one if we need it. For the first time I was stumped for a reply. * * * She's tired of hearing we don't have this one or well this one shoots the same bullet but a lot faster.

Dudenal, seriously? You don't have a gun-buying problem. You have a wife-control problem. :rolleyes:

Your wallet, your money, so it should be your choice on the toys.

Good luck ... :cool:

There are some valid reasons for needing a new rifle before purchase:
1. Shared space. If you have already filled both safes and hidden a rifle behind every sofa and mounted a C&R piece above every fire place.... well, maybe you're just out of room. Maybe you should trade the AR7 survival rifle in the garage freezer for whatever you want.

2. Shared finances: if the family budget is strained, then yeah, you should practice a bit more with what you have and just make do.

Well my baby girl let it slip this morning on the way to school. My wife is buying the family some black powder golf ball cannons for my birthday. Buying two so they can compete against dad. She said mom hasn't ordered these yet because she's trying to figure out which one I would like best.

Back