I brought a fence sitter to our side, what are you doing?

Ruger ... First off, Ol' Ben isn't the only one that didn't want a revolution. Just about everyone of the Founding fathers really wanted to remain part of the British Empire. It was the fact that the Crown (and Parliment) had become tyrannical that they came to the realization that they were slowly being enslaved. Over taxing, Passing gun control legislation, requiring papers to leave or enter certain cities, etc... they were very much like we are today. They wanted to get government out of their lives. They didn't really want to create a new country, but in order to maintain their liberty and freedoms, they had no other course.

They had petitioned the Crown and Parliment on many occasions for relief from the abuses being heaped upon them, yet none was offered. Until finally - "When in the course of human events..."

------------------
---
I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death! - RKBA!

Once the shooting started, Ben Franklin may have been the most important patriot next to George Washington. He was instrumental in getting France into the war on our side and family ties like his son being on the British side didnt phase Ben one bit. No mercy to the enemy including his son! Ben Franklin was a powerhouse Patriot . All the founders were great men and it has taken venile politicos and lazy citizens to put us in this sad state of affairs today.

I try and get all of my son's friends and their parents in the backyard for, at the very least, some plinking with the pellet gun or bow. Hopefully, their parents will bring them to the range with us as well. I don't take kids shooting without their parents being there, at least to help supervise and give consent at all stages of the game. Of course, where I live, most everyone is a pro-2nd hunter, so it's not that big of a deal for most folks.

Also, I've got cousins from up North (Ohio) who were not "gun people" til they came to visit us here in Alabama. Now some of them want to get guns of their own, and they're about to find out about a few of Ohio's stricter laws.

In my profession, most everyone else where I work tends to be quite anti-gun/hunting, etc. My strategy has been to not go outof my way to discuss it until they get to know me. When the subject does come up (it always does), and they hear my views, they are always 1)surprised: "I just never thought of you as a gun person"

and 2) they inevitably admit they cannot argue with me on a rational, Constitutional basis! But they typically add, "Something must be done to protect our children." However, they have started thinking about it in a new way, and a few have even--grudgingly--agreed in the long run.

See, us engeineers and other scientists don't have to worry about this disagreeing prof issue. It's either right, or wrong. I always liked that....I agree with Joe Portale, go to the Omsbudsman. He is am *impartial* force for students that feel they are victims of a tyrannical prof. I had a friend take advantage of th e ombudsmen, and they won.
Happy Hunting :)

Back