I am new to this forum and looking for some answers

Secondlife: If you are comfortable looking into it, you might want to contact the law enforcement agency or detective who worked your case. It's likely they still have the details of the firearm used to assault you. Being as you are the victim, I don't see why they would withhold this information from you??? I could very well be mistaken, but it can't hurt to ask.

Secondlife:
Your screen name says it all. Here is my take on your post---we all stand in awe regarding your situation(for lack of a better phrase)-- and we all praise God that you are still with us today. God still is able to provide use with a miracle now and then and you sir are one of them. Your story has many implications but one that really stands out is that you were spared for a reason and maybe that reason was for you to be able to share your story with us. I am sure that you will get it all sorted out. I am glad that you have joined our group (pretty good bunch of folks), and thank you for sharing with us.

Based only on what is written, I would guess the bad guy had a snub nose Charter Arms .44 Special loaded with ball ammo.

The velocity would be pretty low. The lead ball would likely glance off bones.

And, I'm guessing that's the gun he stole.

Usually, if you find a good gun with good self defense ammo on the street in possession of a bad guy, that's exactly how he stole it.

If he bought it or stole it (unloaded) it's usually the cheapest ammo that would kind of fit. Often only 3-5 rounds, even in a high cap gun. Mixed ball and HP...whatever.

.380 in a 9mm is something else I've seen.

Back