I am a new member!

glockgirl79

Inactive
Hello everyone, this is my first post on TFL, my father,Karanas, talks highly about this forum, and I thought I should get to know everyone and learn more about our rights as gun owners from other people's views! I am sure we all believe in the same thing, the 2nd amendment! Here is a little about myself:
I am 20 years old and a full time college student. When I was younger I never liked guns, I often wished that my dad would NOT keep them in the house. But after I had a talk with my dad, and he explained to me why we have guns, I understood. I love going to the range with my dad, I have only gone a few times, but it feels good practicing. Shooting guns at the range helps me so that if I ever come across a confrontation (which I hope NEVER happens)I have some feel on what to do. I am also a new member to the NRA. I can't wait till I am 21, so that I can get a gun....maybe my dad will buy it for me!!! HeHeHe!! Anyway, I hope to have many enjoyable conversations with y'all!!
GlockGirl79

Cool, another newbie! Heh-heh-heh...

Welcome to TFL, Glockgirl. (Karanas, you done good!)

------------------
"The evils of tyranny are rarely seen but by him who resists it."
-- John Hay, 1872

Welcome to the fray - maybe we can get you to consider a name change someday - like...1911girl :)

Mikey ;)

Watch your step there, Mikey... the young lady is doing just fine. :D

------------------
-- John Hay, 1872

Ahh, she's young and inexperienced. All of us not much older and wildly alluring women know nothing tops a 1911.

Welcome GG :)

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!

Congratulations! I think you'll like this forum. We don't limit ourselves to guns--we discuss Glocks too.

:)

------------------
Don

"Its not criminals that go into schools and shoot children"
--Ann Pearston, British Gun Control apologist and moron

Welcome aboard. Good to see someone your age getting involved.

CMOS

------------------
GOA, TSRA, LEAA, NRA, SAF and I vote!

Great DC...I sign up and get 6 posts .... a ageing talk show host.... a 20 something pistol(soon to be) packing lady comes along and blows me away :-)....mmmmmmmmm! welcome Glock Girl....sounds like you have a great Dad!

The Rock approves of your alias as he carries the ONLY GLOCK EVER NEEDED, the Glock 30. The Rock welcomes you to this wonderful community and hopes that you enjoy you stay. If The Rock can do anything for you, just let The Rock know.

The Rock
"So, what do you think about Britney Spears?"
"She's calling The Rock, she's bugging The Rock; If she gets a little older, The Rock might give her the time of day!"

Hi, Glockgirl!

Don't worry about the old-timers here. It's the other women and the young guys that may be a danger to you! Ahem! You have to watch your every word! (I'm not finished with you yet, Miss D. Meaner! ;))

As far as Glocks go, I got one! And I like it! Don't let anyone tell you that you MUST swith to a 1911. I got one of them too and like it also.

Nothing wrong with liking lots of different guns.

Glad you joined us.

-----

Robnoel,
No offense, buddy, but you're already one of us - a fellow Second Amendment traveler, so to say! Miss Glockgirl's a newcomer to the movement and represents our hope for the future - as you already know.

----
Miss D!

Now just because I like both Glocks and 1911s don't you start rumors about me being AC/DC or something! ;)
-----

And Glockgirl, this is how it goes, on and on!! :D :D Again, Welcome!

------------------
Either you believe in the Second Amendment or you don't.
Stick it to 'em! RKBA!

Welcome to TFL Glockgirl.

(now if only colt girl smith girl, mak girl, para girl, CAWS girl and AK girl would join too. ;) )

Can't wait to see your posts,

Dr.Rob

Dennis ....no question...Americas future is in the hands (no pressure here Gluck Girl) of ladies like her....

FWIW
As Glock Girl's dad I should point out that her taste in firearms is somewhat varied.
She shoots well with my Glocks, but her favorite handgun is my .44 mag Desert Eagle!
On a recent visit to the gun shop, she couldn't take her eyes or keep her hands off a Kimber Pro Elite!
And I was hoping someone would get that baby for me!

Well dad, it looks there is going to bea Kimber under the Christmas tree for somebody. :)

And Mikey is right, 1911girl has a good ring to it. Maybe someday.

Glad to see you here.

Johnboy

Karanas, you know what you're gonna have to do, right?

Buy her the Kimber for her 21st birthday and offer to keep it safe for her when she isn't carrying it! :D

------------------
-- John Hay, 1872

Thank you all very much for all the welcomes! Yes, my dad is right, I do have a like a various amount of guns. The 44.mag Desert Eagle is fun to shoot! I love seeing all the guys from outside the glass windows at the range watch a little girl (not meaning size, just age) shoot such a "big man's" gun!!! It is hard to believe that I have better aim with that big sucker than a glock 27!
G.G.

Back