hunting wisdom

Make sure you understand it’s hunting, not shooting.

No matter how much time you spend scouting, how much money you spend on guns and gear, how many hours you spend watching hunting shows, how many days you spend hunting, how much deer urine you soak your clothes in..............there is never a guarantee of filling a tag.

I’ve seen many people that “tried hunting” and gave up after the initial experience because the game didn’t step in front of the gun for them and fall over dead, already gutted, in the back of there pickup, therefore “hunting sucks”.

Too many hunting shows, books about it, and even verbal stories about hunting only tell about the successful hunts, not too many show all the prep, the time (and money) spent hunting, and then the frustration of an unfilled tag, and waiting another year to try again. People just assume if they go, they’re gonna fill a tag.

I’ve seen many people that “tried hunting” and gave up after the initial experience because the game didn’t step in front of the gun for them and fall over dead, already gutted, in the back of there pickup, therefore “hunting sucks”.

You must not hunt in the South; here it seems, a pick-up is also considered a good choice for killing deer............:D

You must not hunt in the South; here it seems, a pick-up is also considered a good choice for killing deer............

Nope. I hunt Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming, but have traveled a bit in the south and northeast. I think I saw more chunky red spots on the road than actual live animals.

I have taken one or two deer with a vehicle, but there wasn’t a piece left that was big enough to tag :)

Back