Hunter knocked unconscious by dead goose falling from sky

FrankenMauser,

Your comments are accepted in the kind manner they are given. I have lurked and not posted for years, because I had nothing to add. I will refrain from further comment. Thank you. It is the lack of politics that I like about virtually all posts. I have hunted responsibly for more than sixty years. Until this post never thought I had something to contribute.

Thomas, don't worry we all have had our eye's opened about fake news and the consequences that come with it. Doesn't hurt to point that out whether you are right or wrong. Like I said if it hasn't happened, which it seems it has, it would eventually. I've seen someone peppered with shot, it ain't fun but they were OK. Hate to have a 10LB goose fall on you like a mortar....yikes!

I had a male Canadian goose that tried to attack me on the wing at a construction site, when I got to close to his mate with a hidden nest. He took-off an flew up behind me as he came in from the direction of the sun...when I saw his shadow on the ground as he hissed, it made me duck an run from the close call.

Those Canadian geese are highly territorial during there nesting season, and they do have spectacular fights, between nesting pairs; over breeding grounds and mates.

Last edited:
Think Geese are mean?

Try messing with a Swan sometime. On second thought.....don't.

Have heard of a couple encounters, one of which the victim feared for his life.

Swans are tough critters, and very territorial.

Lived in Bend, OR for a few years, Geese totally trashed the downtown park. It stunk and you could not even walk through the park as the entire ground was covered in "Goose Grease" It was a nice park, don't know if they ever got a handle on the Goose problem.

Europeans (especially Royals) didn't keep swans in their moats and ponds just because they look pretty.

They are also an effective intruder alert system, and a moderately effective defense! Plus, if needs must, you can eat them! :D

I had a male Canadian goose that tried to attack me on the wing at a construction site, when I got to close to his mate with a hidden nest. He took-off an flew up behind me as he came in from the direction of the sun...when I saw his shadow on the ground as he hissed, it made me duck an run from the close call.

Those Canadian geese are highly territorial during there nesting season, and they do have spectacular fights, between nesting pairs; over breeding grounds and mates.

Canadian poachers have a Canadian solution. A cut down hockey stick shaft with a noose at one end made of snare wire. They slide the noose over the gooses head and then the rodeo starts......

When I was a very young kid (like 4 or 5) and getting too close to some Canadian geese with my mom. All I remember is seeing a goose, as tall as I was, coming right at me while my mom was yelping.
I don't know how we made it out alive, but we are both still here...

Back