Huge Sale going on!

The Traditions Mountain Rifle (formerly CVA Mountain Rifle) looks almost exactly like a rifle built by J. P. Gemmer after he bought the shop from the Hawken brothers. I'd post a pic of it, but I lost my Photobucket account.

IMG_7745.jpg

It's not bad, about like the GPR but it's no Hawken Hawken or a Gemmer Hawken. If you want a "real" Hawken it's going to be a custom build.

Solder a rib onto the barrel and then affix the pipe/thimble to that. Then pour a pewter nosecap and add a patchbox. It would enhance that a lot.

It's quite asinine to say these aren't real hawkins guns.

Sure, it's not a Sam and Jake, but the NAME has come to mean a different meaning in our times. A hawkins is really a half stock of either flint or cap, that's about it. The name has evolved over the years to mean something different. YES they are a hawkins.

It's quite asinine to say these aren't real hawkins guns.

Hmmm.... Not really. They aren't "real" Hawken guns. They are T/C Hawken, CVA Hawken, Pedersoli Hawken (if they made one), etc... They are reproduction-ish of real plains rifles, but they aren't real Hawkens. If they were real Hawkens, you wouldn't need to ask who made them. Just my opinion, since we're airing opinions.

Sure come a long ways since T/C quit building traditional smoke poles Traditions has. I don't know much about them Traditions but I'm glad there being made.

Back