Huge Regret, Pistol I wish I hadn't sold

Crazy as it sounds, my S&W model 39. It was my first semi auto 9mm and first centerfire pistol. Great little gun, reliable and accurate.

Yep me too. I started working when I was 15 at a gas station. Saved my money, bought my stuff. Young, dumb and happy...

These two got away from me the first time I got married...

No, money for gas, need to provide for my family. Made the hard choices.

5515036037_6336b0946e_z.jpg

27448869276_1e0f385f43_z.jpg

It took years of looking and saving to get back to the beginning...

Last edited:
Not as nice as some of y’all’s, but the one pistol I regret letting go of was my Steoger 8000 LT Compact Cougar (w/rail). Thankfully it went to a good home, but dang did it shoot great and carried well IWB.

05f3a0a673f2d670a1b1fbad5ad33bd8.jpg

A 5 screw K-22. The most accurate handgun I've ever owned and a squirrel getting machine. Traded it in a moment of ignorance for another gun I thought I needed. I have kicked my butt for the past 35 years over that one.

686-2 I sold because the cylinder didn't lock up deer hunting and cost me a deer. Sold it out of anger. Then regretted it.

Bought its replacement a year ago. 686-2 but with Pachmayr grips instead of the wood target. Still need to get a set of those.

Oh yeah!

I bet most everybody has done it and can feel your pain. In addition to guns I should not have traded or sold, there are the guns I should have bought!

Most recently, a T/C Seneca .36, near new!!

Interesting that no one posted regrets about selling a Glock. Now, I am not anti-Glock, but virtually all the tears are shed over steel pistols and revolvers.

agreed

I decided long ago that poly-pistols, and synthetic/matte long guns lack a soul.
Functional, tough, consistent, but no "warmth" so to speak. I get it.

I am lucky. I've never sold or traded a firearm that I liked a whole lot.

I traded a few that I liked pretty well, but I knew that they were easily replaceable and I did replace them soon afterwards. In fact, I replaced two of the three with upgraded versions.

Yeah, I've been lucky.

While stationed in Germany in the 80s I bought a CZ-75 from the Rod and Gun Club. You couldn't import them into the US at the time, but a loophole was service members could bring one home from overseas. At least no one stopped me kinda loophole. Had to sell it when my second child was born stateside. More than once I wished I had that CZ instead of ...:eek:

I don't miss the guns I sold. One was a Sig P245 which I didn't shoot well. I am a tack driver with the P228 and P229, but my grouping was about 2-3 times worse with the P245. Other people shot it just fine so I traded it for a Les Baer Thunder Ranch Special. I will never regret that trade as the Thunder Ranch Special is one of my favorite guns. I also ended up selling my Springfield Armory XDs since I didn't like the trigger. Don't miss that one either.

I also regret selling my P38. It was a post war alloy frame that I picked up cheap.

Now they have gotten spendy and I don't want to pay the current asking prices.

Back