HS 2000 outglocks the glock

Looks like it has a lot of potential, and I am happy you like yours so much, but it has a long way to go before it matches the track record of the Glock (in documented military/police T&Es, contracts for example). Time will tell?

Rod,
American Handgunner also wants us to forgive the Traitor, Smith & Wesson. I believe anything they print. :barf:
Let me check with the Guntest magazine website. I will get back to you.... Out Glock a Glock. Sheeesh, where do these young'uns come up with such dribble...

I would if I could remember.

I do recall talking with the importer while
we were at an IDPA match. The magazine
was of metal construction and he mentioned making
a minor modification to fit the gun.
Frankly, at the time I was not interested in it
as much more than a curiosity that seemed to go
"bang" every time he pulled the trigger.

I believe someone else on this thread is going to
try and find the answer to the magazine question.
Stay tuned.

I believe the magazine in question that will fit this gun with a modification is the Beretta 92 FS. I know it will fit into the gun, but the HS 2000 mag has the retaining hole in the front, not on the side.

Let me clarify one thing, I believe this is one fine gun, and has the potential to do very well, especially if it is ever embraced by the different LEA's. I doubt that it will ever attain the status of the Glock simply because they have such a foothold on the market. But you guys really need to at least give the new guy on the block a real look and not just start throwing barbs because its not a Glock. Glock had to start somewhere too.

Guntest Magazine

I hit the Guntest Magazine web site. I did a search on "HS 2000", and came up empty. Either they haven't gotten around to testing this pistol (likely), or it hasn't popped up on their radar screen. ;) Guntest is the only gun rag I will even remotely believe these days.

I'm interested to see one of the HS 2000 handguns. One of the dealers listed on their website is close to where my in-laws live, so I might be able to sneak there in the next few weeks and take a look.

While the HS 2000 is definitely not going to be looked at as a radical innovation, that doesn't mean it will or won't be a good gun. Look at the CZ-75, for example. Did the CZ incorporate any new items not previously found on a gun? No. However, it is successful because it blends many positive elements in one package. I'm not saying the HS 2000 is or isn't a good gun, but just because a producs is not as ground breaking as other designs doesn't mean it isn't the best.

Anyway, only time will tell about the HS 2000. I think its main downfall might be lack of marketing and support in the U.S. Glock and other companies just make it downright easy to do business with. While that may not mean much to the common person, it means a lot to a business organization looking to standardize their tooling.

Back