HOWA 270 Win Replacement - Ugh!

Howa USA strikes me as a couple of guys in Hawaiian pattern shirts sitting in a strip center office in Las Vegas sipping martinis and trying to account for how they'll pay for the next batch of stuff from Nippon.

So, bought a HOWA 1500 270 Win last year. Could not get it to group better than 5" with any type of ammo. Sent back to Legacy in January. Just got notified today that they need to replace it. They have no 270 in stock. Okay, I am recoil sensitive, send me an 06 and I can load that down. Nope. Don't have one.

So, I spent $400 on a B&C stock for a long action HOWA. It is bedded. Did it hoping to get it to group. All they have in stock is a 7mm Rem Mag. No idea if or when they will get another 1500 long action back in. Would not even entertain a different rifle, even if I paid the difference, because I did not buy it from them. I am stuck with that or nothing. So, I just said send it. I doubt I can handle it, but all I can do is give it a try.

Not very satisfied with the outcome here.
There is not much recoil difference in .270 Win and 7 Rem mag, to my shoulder, assuming you shoot lighter bullets in the 7. 130 nor 140 kicks too bad.

Last edited:
Back