How to handle or How not to handle the mentally impaired...

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Perfect"?.....

I have no clue what you mean by "perfect"?
There is 100% no way any LE or security action will go the exact way you'd expect. I'm not sure why the actions of the cop/hotel guard are being scrutinized. What about the intoxicated fire-fighter?
There is a old US military maxim; "no plan ever stays intact after the first contact with the enemy".
We can speculate & pontificate all day long about what the police officer "could" have done or "should" have done. I have no issues with the officer's actions as reported & documented.

Clyde

To clarify I did say the fireman or the man on the ground is probably an alcoholic. I am just assuming that by his behavior. Obviously some issue exists with alcohol on his part.

This thread and many of the threads in this forum are about not getting into trouble with this type of person. Not only defending yourself, but handling it in the best way possible or learning how to avoid it.

Is the person who shoots in a self defense situation the one at fault? That issue will be debated in the courtroom. We try to avoid the situation and if we cant avoid it manage it to a successful outcome where we dont have to contend with a jury.

Circles....

This topic thread is going in circles.
I'm not posting anything else. Clearly anyone who wants, can view the video & decide what they would or wouldn't do. I'm not going to play the "lets assume" or "what if" game. :rolleyes:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back