how to get rid of bad bullets?

I thought one of the selling points of powder coating was you could bump up the diameter? put another coating on them and see what happens.

I'm somewhat glad that it's not just me getting undersized bullets from Lee molds.

I've taken to lapping them with 320 grit then 600 grit lapping compound. It's a pain in the rear to do but gives a mold that drops really smooth and shiny bullets. The first time I tried this I was hopping to open up a .430 mold to .432 for a Handi Rifle I had with an oversized bore. It didn't work... The best I could get it to with hours of hand lapping was .4305 but it now drops some really pretty bullets. The round nose bullets from this mold aren't my first choice but they shoot well from my .44 revolver.

I sold that Handi Rifle barrel and put a .17 Hornet barrel on it but that's another story...

Tony

I gave up on cheap molds years ago. Tom at Accurate Molds (or MP Molds for hollowpoints) gets all may business now.

Don

Pretty sure most powder coating is polyester based, it will burn off in the pot, do so outdoors cuz it is gonna stink, and don't be breathing the stink.

Back