How the AR pistol is changing

I'm short, stiff, and on the heavy side. For me the AR pistol is a pleasure to shoot. I shoot the pistols off hand as well as any rifle off hand. My cheek takes a weld on the buffer tube just fine and I am able to tuck both my arms into my body for support. The top gun has a carbine gas and sight system and shoots as accurate as most carbines I have shot. The bottom gun is what it is, out to 50 yards if the dot is there so is the bullet. To me both of these guns are 50 yards or less guns performance wise anyway. 11 1/2" and 7 1/2" barrels.

clearly im missing something here... I dont see how the ar pistol has changed whatso ever over time retaliative to itself or fullsized ARs. same goes for the furniture or add-ons. same action same operation same controls same sights. we've made new plastic in different colors? Whoa.

It may be silly. But I just have a hard time liking the look of the skinny buffer tube out back. I probably will build one anyway one of these days for the fun. Right now I dont even shoot my SBRs.

The AR pistol must really juice up the anti-gun crowd -- a hi-cap handgun derived from and looking like an "assault" rifle. That's the only reason I can think of to own one.

Back