How much are SMG's

As a matter of curiosity, what is an approx. new price - as paid by the army or athorized agencies etc.?
I'm guessing 20K has a lot to do with supply v demand among civillian collectors.

And, what the heck are you going to do with a registered machine gun if you ever find yourself in a position of having to do battle in a civil war, or against a tyrant that has taken over your country? In a true SHTF scenario, no one is going to give a crap if you happen to have a Form 4 with a pretty looking stamp and your picture pasted to it. If you use it to fight your own country, waiving around a Form 4 isn't going to keep you from getting shot or imprisoned if you aren't successful.

In a SHTF situation, it's not going to matter if your "machine gun" is registered or not. That really wasn't the best example.

In a SHTF situation, it's not going to matter if your "machine gun" is registered or not. That really wasn't the best example.

Exactly. You've got to think - what makes buying a registered machine gun "worth it". And, my conclusion is that it's not really "worth it" to buy a registered machine gun, except possibly for collectibility or investment. And, I don't think they make really great investments at this price point either.

The bottom line is that I wouldn't buy a machine gun at the prices they are currently at. Glad I got mine 8 years ago.

Bingo - almost nothing is worth it from a 'practical standpoint'. We would all have smaller homes with fewer rooms, smaller cars and less selection of clothing. Who needs all those frills - its just not pratical.

If you are in a wealthy profesion, or someone who appreciates firearms and their mechanisms, or some history buff and you have disposable income - perfectly reasonable. Go forth and have fun. is it practical for me to have more guns than I can carry? No - who cares?

I need to be impractical and get an Uzi, a M16 and a MAC-10. And all of the various parts to make them fire different calibers, extra mags and spare parts. Viva impracticality!

Back