How many still shoot .22s? Which one(s)? How Often?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still shoot also. Have Ruger Mk I, NAA mini, 10/22, Marlin 39, and Stevens Cilce X 416. Have almost as much fun as shooting "real" guns.

I use a Ruger 10/22. This is the best .22 I have ever owned.

[This message has been edited by Sniper (edited July 07, 1999).]

A few Ruger 10/22s, a Mark II, and a Browning Buck Mark Unlimited Match. Don't shoot the Hammerlis much.

The one I shoot the most is my first 10/22. Musta put through a billion rounds through that thing. One of these days I'm gonna buy a few bricks and shoot until the barrel turns red hot (to see if it can be done).

- Ron V.

------------------

I shoot a 10/22 and a Ruger MK512 (5 1/2" bull barrel) every week along with a G20 or G23 and an M1A. If I left any out, it wouldn't be the 22s. Not only are they great fun but so accurate, they're hard to beat. Couldn't do without them. Wish I could shoot the higher power guns as well.

OJ

S&W Model 617 8 3/8" Stainless and Ciener Conversion kit on my Colt Gold Cup. They are really fun guns and, as many have noted, help your shooting stay sharp.

------------------
Yankee Doodle

I have a Ruger Mk. II (happy memories of the college team), a Remington 597, and a pre-war Anschütz Karabiner in .22 lr. Oh, and a NAA mini-blaster! I shoot the Ruger and the Remington every time I go out.

Love that .22 lr! And since Wal-Mart's dropped its price on the Federal bulk pack (550 rounds) to $8.98, I've been shooting a lot more of it.

A 10/22 and a Mk-I... great for training newbies and just having fun. I loves 'em.

------------------
You can't get something for nothing,
You can't have freedom for free.
--Neil Peart

Ruger stainless 5-1/2" bull bbl. Mark II, every time I go to the range (usually a couple of times a month), just to "work the kinks out".

Yeah, and my 10/22. .22's rule. Taught my wife, one of her friends, two of my friends, my father-in-law, and so on, and so on...

------------------
Don LeHue

The pen is mightier than the sword...outside of arms reach. Modify radius accordingly for rifle.

I've shot the 10/22 for a few months, and when I was a kid shot a Marlin single-shot. I just picked up a Colt .22 semi-auto, probably made around '95 (no model name) which shoots to point of aim at 100 yards... really fun gun.

-Jorah

So many more .22 semi-autos than revolvers!

Anyway, my favorite .22 is an S&W Model 17 made about 20 years ago. It has a factory target hammer and target trigger, and the original checkered walnut service stocks.

Erich, I'd like to know more about your "pre-war Anschütz Karabiner in .22 lr." It sounds like a mighty interesting gun!

I shoot a Ruger Single Six in .22LR, and it's not a crazy home defense gun in a pinch in .22Magnum - I've got both cylinders.

I've likewise got dual cylinders in .22LR/.22Magnum for my NAA MiniMaster, a GREAT little booger. 4" tube, I can hit 5" groups with the fastest velocity Magnums at 25 yards, the CCI MaxiMag +Vs can pull 1,400fps from it's 4" tube and it's *extremely* concealable.

If I score CCW it'll the FIRST gun I stick on my permit, in no small part because I can practice in .22LR and carry Magnums in the same gun.

Jim March
http://www.ninehundred.com/~equalccw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back