How many rounds, on average, to maintain shooting skill?

How many rounds, on average, to maintain shooting skill?

• 50 rounds a day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 100 rounds a day

• 200 rounds a day

• 50 rounds a week

Votes: 25 35.7%
  • 100 rounds a week

Votes: 18 25.7%
  • 200 rounds a week

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • 50 rounds a year

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • 100 rounds a year

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • 200 rounds a year

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • None, I'm just that good :)

Votes: 10 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
retired and having a fixed income i try to get in 300 rounds a month. Wish i had my own home range and the financial ability to shoot 100-200 rounds per week

Reloading -- if you have the right temperament for it - and like parts of this hobby that require attention to detail..../ reduces the cost per box by over half - so you can shoot 2 or 3 times more on same ammo budget.

Properly done you get better ammo than you can buy & today's progressive presses like a Dillon 650 easily load 800 - 1,000 rds an hour.

I started learning how to reload when I was about 10, grandpa taught me, and now with 10 grandkids of my own, it's my privilege to teach and mentor them......reloading, shooting handguns & shotguns...:D:cool:

As to my own experience, I currently shoot 200 rounds every other week. This out of necessity, due to my budget.

When I was working I found 200 rounds expended per week kept me at my best.

My goal was to be able to hit a foam coffee cup or similar target regularly at one hundred yards with my Super Blackhawk. Or to knock down the ram at 200 meters.

And, up close, to be able to shoot through a fired 12 ga. shotgun shell end to end. This is harder than you might think, as there is a tendency for the shell to twist and the bullet exit the side if it just grazes the mouth of the shell.

And splitting a bullet on an axe to bust two balloons is much easier than you might imagine. You don't really have to split the bullet, as a hit liquifies the bullet and spatter will pop both balloons.

But practice is a definite requirement. Good shooting requires two things: concentration, and physical conditioning.

Bob Wright

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back