How many of you...

Ruger LCP, LC9 and (rarely) an SR9C - all based on my assessment of the risk of where I am (rarely a risky location at my age.) ;)

I carry different guns all the time: striker, DA/SA, SAO, DAO. Doesn't concern me in the least, because I always carry Condition 3, so my presentation of the gun is always the same regardless of what I'm carrying.

For me, the biggest concern would be manual safety vs no manual safety. That could potential cause a hiccup in a moment of panic, but that's not an issue in my case.

I always carry Condition 3, so my presentation of the gun is always the same regardless of what I'm carrying.

For me, the biggest concern would be manual safety vs no manual safety. That could potential cause a hiccup in a moment of panic, but that's not an issue in my case.
:confused:

Yup, not a chance for a "hiccup in a moment of panic" while racking a slide!:eek:
Carry how ever youfeel comfortable, and competent, but your comment sounds like it is contradicting itself.

How many of you regularly carry guns with different controls or manual of arms.

I do, all the time. I regularly switch from a full size 1911 to a snub nosed J-Frame, or a 3" L-Frame or a LCP, depending on my mood, clothing or what I'm doing. I also change out how and where I carry them. All are shot regularly and feel right at home in my hands. It's no different than going to a restaurant and eating with different silverware than you have at home. A fork is still a fork.

What buck460XVR said. Circumstances, situations, environs, weather and just the whim of the moment dictates what I might carry on a given day. But I always carry.
I would concede that training with and carrying the same gun all the time is probably a good, if boring, idea.

Now that I get to choose what I carry, i carry glocks and revolvers (Smith 66s in 2.5" and 4"). I shoot them all at least twice a month. Since moving to alaska where carrying is a right, mostly a glock 21 for 2 legged creatures who need thei souls taken (lol) and a 20 when fishing

Not for me, swiping the safety is just part of my draw stroke, if I'm carrying something without a manual safety IE Sig P229 my thumb still swipes the non existent safety off.

My problem would be with conflicting MOA IE a safety where up is fire IE Beretta M9

Thanks to all for your thoughts.

In general, is doesn't sound like most of you consider it to be a big deal as long as one practices regularly.

How many people own and regularly operate a car or truck with an auto trans, and one with a manual trans, and also maybe a motorcycle with a lever-operated clutch and toe shifter?

Are they sufficiently familiar and skilled with the operating (shifting and braking) requirements of each of the veh's to the point that they can not only operate them in normal conditions, and also in any unexpected emergency conditions?

Funny that this came up as its part of what got me thinking about all this to begin with. My work truck is an auto while my personal truck is manual. Often when I'm really tired, I find myself reaching for the clutch that isn't there in the auto truck or vice versa. I spend hundreds of hours a year in each vehicle,know them inside and out, yet when stressed or sleep deprived, there's this split second of confusion when I first get in.

So my main concern was happens in high stress situations.

Anyway, just something that I could't remember being addressed before.

Back