HOW MANY IS TOO MANY????

twoinchgroup52

I have 16 handguns with 2 on the way. Just got a letter from the county judge, who is the issuing officer, asking me to explain why I have accumulated so many firearms. It's really no sweat because I hear this is a routine letter sent to licensees owning more than 15. Friends and relatives tell me I have too many guns. HOW MANY IS TOO MANY?
Twoinchgroup52.

110 more than you can ever own :)Nah, that's still not enough :) I have never heard of a judge writing a letter like that. That is one of the many reasons I love Texas.

Because I am a citizen of the US of A and the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution says I can.

Is there a problem?
----------------------------------------

That is what I would say. It is no ones buisness how many guns you own except your own. People are so ignorant, it should be how much ammo you have if anything. Who could do more damage, a guy with a Luger and 100 rnds of 9mm Para or a guy with 135 assault rifles and 5 rnds of .223?

You can never have too many guns or too much ammo. At least IMHO you can't.

I would say, as many as your wife will let you have. Have you considered moving to another state? Reddog

When the 18-wheeler is filled, I think that's enough.

Collectors like enjoys firearms and pursue different venues in developing their collection. Some prefer to accumulate one of a kind. Others enjoy mass quantities. Others because they marvel at the engineering feats demonstrated by different guns. The motivation among collectors varies like the collection themselves. I suppose if we were all rich like Bill Gates, we'd be buying Rembrandts, Rafaels, Steens, Reubens, Church, Bierstadts, Coles, or Peales. But we're not and our craving to collect must be satisfied with lesser value but equally fascinating items: GUNS.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

Hold On Nellie; I'm gon'a trade the cow
for another pistol !!! You can never
have enough guns. Lot's of thing's you
can catch up on in a few minute's; but
gun's aint one of them !!!

------------------
Ala Dan

Here I thought a couple were too many. How foolish of me. After listening to some idiot from HCI tonight on "Hardball" I think I'm gonna go out an buy another.

------------------
So many pistols, so little money.

Until your collection approaches the size of that of Uncle Sam, you probably shouldn't be overly concerned.Hey-we are serious collectors arn't we?

How many are too many? If it takes a 12 ton crane to lift your gun safe, there may be too many guns, but I doubt it. ;)

If I were as rich as Bill Gates I don't think I would be buying art work. I know where I can pick up a GE Mini-Gun and mount, and then a sea container of .308. There are many other firearms that I'd sure like to own but can't due to the massive lack of $'s.
------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

[This message has been edited by Jim V (edited December 16, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Jim V (edited December 16, 1999).]

There is never "too many". C'mon, everyone should know that.

------------------
Go get me my gun, it's the one that says "Bad MOTHERF****R"

twoinchgroup52,

You know, I kinda had the same question myself.

In a local newscast reporting about a hostage situation, the BG was described as a fanatic, owning over 70 guns. Later in the report some mention was given to the fact that the BG had a record of erratic behavior involving several arrests and mental health issues, but that was downplayed. It seemed the 70 guns found in his home were the real evil discovered, not his criminal past nor the hostage situation.

How many is too many? My opinion is based on whether you are a law abiding citizen or a nut waiting to crack. If you are a law abiding citizen I think as many guns as you can carry in a lifetime would about do it. If you are a criminal nut waiting to get out of you shell/cell, no soup for you. IMHO.

JJCII

I only have 16 firearms (sob, sniffle). Some folks ask,"Don't you have enough firearms?" I just look at them with a puzzled expression and ask,"I don't understand what you just said. I know the meaning of enough and the meaning of firearms but the two words together are nonsense. I've never been to a major gunshow that had enough guns. It's an oxymoron." Now if I had them all and owned all the firearm manufacturers....maybe.

------------------
Byron Quick

you should live in CA, I ONLY have 4 (2 ar-15s, 1 10/22 and 1 1911), and I people ask me "why are you getting another AR lower? don't you have enough?" the lower isn't even a real gun (YET)

------------------
It ain't mah fault. did I do dat?

I'll have enough when I have one of each...for each hand of each person I buy for (17). Then we'll need extra parts, extra ammo, extra... Nope. Can't have too many.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>How many is too many?[/quote]

Two!

Let me clearify. Two of same would be too many of a gun used to fill a specific function. Being of limited funds I have to justify not only in my mind, but to my wife, why I need this gun and how it will fill a void that can't be filled by any of my other weapons.

It works like this. I can't justify buying two Ruger MarkII Standard auto's with bull barrels. I can justify having say one with a bull barrel, and a Ruger 22/45 and a AWC Amphibian (internally supressed MarkII). Each one fills a specific void.

Same way with my .223s. I've got an AUG, Colt Competition Flattop AR, Colt Lightweight AR, and a Ruger Ranch. Each one has a specific function that it serves best.

I look at it like tools. Do I need two 1/4" drive, 7/8" sockets. No... but I do need the following 7/8" sockets... 1/4" drive, 1/2" drive, 3/4" drive, Deep Dish in all the drives and then one each of the above with the different socket points. They are the same but different.

------------------
Schmit, GySgt, USMC(Ret)
NRA Life, Lodge 1201-UOSSS
"Si vis Pacem Para Bellum"

[This message has been edited by David Schmidbauer (edited December 17, 1999).]

Back