How Many Here Would Like To See A double Action Black Powder Pistol

I don't suppose we'll see those Westlake's on DGW or Cimmaron anytime soon. Or even Taylor's . Someone will have to import them, sooner, gasp, or later.
That link was oddly disturbing. No .44s !

I would be happy with a cap and ball revolver that also has a cylinder conversion for a center fire in .45 Long Colt. Nice package in single action. If I want a double action it wouldn't be cap and ball.

Aloha

never mind the double action pistol

Never mind BP DA revolvers. Sword pistol for the win!

832147_german-flintlock-sword-pistol-the-pistol-barrel-engraved-i-h_img_1464277513.jpg

I like the Webley too with its detachable stock.

876117_webley-mk6-455-revolver_img_1475835754.jpg

Acknowledging that the OP is asking for a pipsqueak caliber; there already is one in .44.

Fingers, yours appears to be an original Starr, and thank you for the post and pic.

Pietta makes a replica available from DGW as cat # RH0460, but it is a .44 also.

I think the OP is wishing on the moon, and I have no idea why one would want a DA BP percussion (?) 10-shot revolver in .22 or .32. If not percussion and the OP is looking for a cartridge revolver, the H&R 999 Sportsman 9-shot is what I would want, even though it is not BP.

https://www.dixiegunworks.com/product_info.php?products_id=3539&osCsid=cvi5nu0dsubecaacqppalqh7u2

Re: the 2nd whitworth image, I think it has been cobbled together. The breech plug is way too big. Ramrod is like that of a 1855 Springfield.

They had one. It's called the Starr.

Pietta made DA and SA Starrs but have since ceased production. They are both awful designs and nobody was buying them.

Sorry, but the only black powder pistols you'll ever see again made by the repro manufacturers are more Colts and Remingtons. That's all anyone want or buys, therefore, no new cap and ball designs will ever be made again.

Back