How Many Here Would Like To See A double Action Black Powder Pistol

roashooter

How many here would love to see a ten shot 22 or 32 cal double action black powder pistol. Preferably in stainless steel...and for conceal carry..

Something I could warm up to.
A double action single triggered multi barreled hand weapon having screw-in titanium barrel interchangeability. Packaged in a pepper box look so's to look Period. One last item tis a must have. Pistol grip feeling quite similar to a Remington Rand 1911A1.
"I'd like two of dem please."

It wouldn't matter if your pants already smelled like Hades. I'd shoot T7 just to keep from mucking it up, so not too reminiscent of the nether region. Whatever comes down the pipe will be as spendy as all those break opens already out.What would make this competitive with the cartridge guns already out? What's more fun than a .22? Dang near any centerfire, to include cap and ball. Most of the ones I have seen with 1911 style grips were single shot custom match rigs. I'm pretty sure bp can run in a 1917, but it may be hard on the innards.

Acknowledging that the OP is asking for a pipsqueak caliber; there already is one in .44.

th

.38 special, .44 and .45 Colt are all black powder cartridges. Load up and have fun. I've steered clear of loading them with black powder due to having to clean them.

.38 special, .44 and .45 Colt are all black powder cartridges. Load up and have fun. I've steered clear of loading them with black powder due to having to clean them.

:confused::confused::confused: BP is easier to clean than smokeless.

Easier maybe..... (soap and water emersion etc.). But perhaps pete2 meant more urgent (as in....can't put it off until next week)? I feel better if at least the bore is swabbed even with smokeless.

How many here would love to see a ten shot 22 or 32 cal double action black powder pistol. Preferably in stainless steel...and for conceal carry...
Decades ago, I wrote a letter to Bill Ruger suggesting that he build a 6-shot .36 caliber cap 'n ball on the Single Six frame -- modeled after his Old Army -- and it could be called the "New Navy".

I even sent it into Shooting Times for their "Christmas Gun Wish List" for one or two years.

...Never got any replies.. :rolleyes:

But I still like the idea, even today!

Old No7

The Remington New Model Belt was offered as a DA sixgun as was the Cooper which looks very similar to a Baby Dragoon/'51 Navy. Both are .36 caliber.

Back