How many here on TFL own and use Cap-n-Ball sixguns?

I reenact and have been "playing" with cap and ball guns for about 13 years. I've got a Walker, 3rd modle dragoon, 1860 army, and a 1858 Remington.
As far as accuracy goes the Remington is the most accurate, but for the reenactments I use my Walker.

Snake

A pair of Navy Arms 1860 armies,and a pair of Navy Arms 1851 Colt Navies They shoot more accurately than a lot of modern revolvers that I've shot. I make my own gunleather and carry them in Slim Jim type holsters, Also have saddle cantina type holsters for the Navies Shoot Pyrodex P and use Crisco for Lube for round balls I probably shoot these more than I do my modern wheelguns.

Got a 44 Cal. 1858 Remington Army, and a 36 Cal. Duckfoot. Looking for several more Black Powder guns. With the new Hogden powder 777, and Clean Shot this is now more fun then work.
I am Think'en of starting to hunt with Black Powder Firearms.

Tony

shootermiddle.jpg

Just went out and shot my new Uberti Well's Fargo for the first time last night. Typical for the Colt style it shoots about 8" high, but it's right on center and fun to shoot. Only thing is I wish I had a box of .320 balls for it, shot some .315's and it seems to be a bit loose.

Just went out and shot my new Uberti Well's Fargo for the first time last night. Typical for the Colt style it shoots about 8" high, but it's right on center and fun to shoot. Only thing is I wish I had a box of .320 balls for it, shot some .315's and it seems to be a bit loose.

Back