How many 1911 lovers prefer the plain jane vanilla?

I'm there with you brothers

Love those vintage Colt 1911's unadorned, parkerized, and ready for business. For going to town, a 30's commercial production 1911A1 or Series 70 in high polish blue with rosewood double-diamond grip panels. Function, taste and grace. Front slide serrations, full-length guide rods, beavertails...all just unnecessary window dressing.
vanfunk

It's the classic looks, great handling, and not a scent of any type of problem. I like the way a parkerized, "mil-spec" 1911 looks.

Count me in. I am not opposed to "upgraded" 1911A1s, however, the MilSpec is perfectly fine. What I am seeking is simple: accuracy, quality, reliability, and durability. Lots of "plain jane vanilla" 1911A1s meet these important and fundamental requirements very well.

I disagree... some modifications to a basic 1911 will make it a better gun.

Mostly though, i am referring to work on reliability and accuracy; eg, throating, polishing, lowering the ejection port, trigger work, etc.

Night sights, front strap checkering, and beavertail grip safeties are nice too.

However, front slide serrations, ambidextrous safeties, and extended safeties dont interest me.

Count me in, but that is no big surprise. I am not big on fads, and I leave most of my guns pretty much alone. I do own a Springfield "loaded", but my faviorite is a Govt. Model that has endured a huge number of rounds. This gun is box stock, series 80 and everytime I shoot it, it brings gasps of amazement from my friends. This gun will shoot into an honest 1" group at 25 yards off sandbags for the whole mag.

Back