How long to sell a revolver on consignment?

Texas gun trader always have had good luck there buying and selling. It would be a person to person sell if that is something you are against. They have a bill of sale you can use or you can require a chl as part of your requirements.
No fees. If priced right it should sell in less than a week.

"...That's the current price of new..." Dealers base what they think a used firearm is worth on their wholesale price. Lots of 'em on Gunbroker with an asking price of around $400. Too expensive, quite likely is the cause of it not selling though. That and the fact there are hordes of used GP's around.
Where you were matters too. Local supply and demand makes a big difference. So does the barrel length and any aftermarket stuff that comes with it.
"...autumn time was the best time for guns sales..." That applies to long guns more than revolvers.

My local shop has, on consignment, a like-new Redhawk in .45 Colt. The price is within $50 of the same gun, new, from several online sellers. The gun has been in the display case for roughly five years now. The same shop occasionally takes in classic revolvers which no longer are made, offers them for a high price, and sells them immediately. Sometimes to me, but not as often as I'd like.

Speaking personally, if I buy a used gun it either needs to be something relatively rare and unobtainable from the manufacturer, or it needs to be much less expensive than a new, currently manufactured model.

People shell out good money for classics that are no longer made. If you're selling a current production gun and want it to move fast then you got to have a low asking price or people will keep shopping.

I am confused. Why would there be any paperwork other than whatever consignment agreement that had been inked at the very beginning? Title never transferred to the gun shop. It's still your gun. Is this a ATFE requirement?

Is this a ATFE requirement?
Yes. Title may not have transferred, but possession/custody changed. The gun goes into the FFL's bound book when he takes it in on consignment, so there has to be a corresponding 4473 when he transfers it to someone -- even if it's the original owner.

$500 sounds high for that gun even if it comes with the box and paperwork. Plus I am guessing there will be sales tax on top of that of $41.25.

I sold a blued GP-100 a few yews ago at the gunshow. No paperwork or taxes and had a hard time getting $325 for it. Your best bet would have been to of listed it on GB for around $375 with no reserve and let the market take it from there. And the guns on GB that get the most bids and sell the fastest are the ones that are listed at 0.01 start price with no reserve. They seem to sell for the most also. I won't even look at a gun with a reserve on it anymore.

Your gun will sell eventually. But if you lowered the price $50 or so it would really help. It also matters if its a 4" or 6" gun. A 4" will sell faster. The most I would pay for that gun would be $400 OTD and thats for a 4" gun.

I do a good bit in S&Ws which always move faster than Ruger DAs. Last several months have been soft even for S&W P&Rs. I had like new GP 4" that I took on trade last fall. Took me 8 months to off it at $350.

Back