How long for ATF say OK on FA?

No, I am not transfering to my C 1. :eek: I sent in $500.00 to get my C 3 when I get C 3, I will use F 3 to transfer.

I was recomended by ATF agent to do this way because these two Uzi are sale sample and the FN FAL I can use F 4 to transfer direct to me for $200.00.

Cool. That sort of settles it then so they can't transfer on a form 4, meaning you need the SOT.

Are you a corp or a sole prop? As there are some hangups with transfering pre samples ad the end of your "dealership" life if you are a corp.

As a matter of record, it's 07/C2 01/C3...no real C1.

After All The Hassle I Have, Now I Kind Of Understand Some Of The Procedure. Any One HaVe A FFL C 1 Can Transfer Any Sample By Pay $500.00 To Apply For The C3 ( I Call An Upgrade) Then You Can Buy And Sales All You Want As A Ffl C1 Excepted You Must Get Approval From Atf, Nfa Brance, And You Can Charge For The Sevice Which Normally Between $100.00 To $150.00 Per Transaction.

Before You Send In Money And The Form In To Atf You Must Have An Ein (employment Identification Number) You Must Go To Web Site And Apply For One Which Is No Cost To You, You Cannot Use Your Ssn As A Taxes Payer. I Did Know You Have To Have An Ffl C1 Or Notto Apply To Get A Ffl C3.

All Of Those Step Done, Then Next Step Is Wait To Hear From Atf Interview Then They Can Say Yeh Or Neh. That's All Folk! Wait And Wait And Wasted........ :(

Ok some things because I'm getting confused again...

There is no C1 FFL There are Title 1 guns, there is a Class 1 SOT but that's for an importer, there is a Type 1 FFL.

I am a Type 1 FFL and pay a class III Sot (Dealer in NFA firearms)

I am a Type 7 FFL and pay a class II SOT (MFG/Dealer of NFA Firearms)

I am a Type 10 FFL and pay a class II SOT (MFG/Dealer of Destructive devices)

You will be a Type 01 Class III dealer.

In reality if you FFL and SOT have the same EIN, you are probably a little better off but it doesn't matter that much.

Transfers, if you can get $150 for them that's pretty good..most will do them for under or around $100.

"approval" comes in the form of your stamp, it's good for a specific period of time, no prorating or deiscounts for parts of the year not used.
It will take about 1-2 months for your SOT to be registered in the system and for you to get at least a control number, if not the actual receipt.
As long as you have your FFL there is no real "approval" just administration and paperwork.

You have to pay your SOT every year, give it up at some point down the road, that's fine but make sure you transfer your samples out either to yourself as a pre sample or to someone qualified as a post sample.

CQBArms,

Thank you for strait me out. Yes, I understand that there is no prorate on the SOT, I have to pay in full amount for the SOT.

One thing I did know much about these number or try to confuse any one. I have a valid "01- dealer in firearms other than destructive devices" this sentence is printed on my FFL license, I put all the firearms record in the bound book since you have all the licenses plese let me know do I keep all the records of the FA with regular none FA?

Check my bank account today, my $500.00 check was clear by NFA except 3 of the $200.00 check was sent out a week before did not clear yet. maybe the are sending them back.

I hope I can get my approval soon.

CQB Arms do I have to keep NFA record seperate from regular firarms?

Back