How fast can you unload/reload a cowboy gun?

(looks at his Schofields) I don't see the problem. You can reload THESE single-action cowboy guns with speedloaders. :D

i like schofield-top break type weapons, and they last forever if you maintain them but that top break sort of worries me as being a weak point compared to the one piece frame. Still for a cowboy gun, schofields are power-filled and fast reloading sort of a tactical cowboy gun if you will.

Suncance44s

My choice for a self defence pistol has always been the 45LC ..because its what i shoot and handle the most ..almost weekly ...and at close range ..in house defence if a bad guy can keep advanceing after the roar of my big bore pistol ...he`s one brave ombrey . Its just a matter of alot of pratice ...I use to shoot a colt 45 acp alot , and in the day it was my choice ..guess you could say i just like BIG BULLETS .. nothing like haveing the sun at your back and a big bore pistol . ( what an edge )

i believe the blackhawk is one of the FINEST man stoppers, its just not rated so! you can shoot/handload any .45 acp bullet, and handload bullets at any level from a 225 grain round nose at 700 fps, to 300 grain hardcast bullet at 1250 fps. I want to get a black hawk soo bad, and if i could handload it would be a speer golddot, 250 grain bullet at just under 1100 fps for dealing with people. If i didnt like how it kicked, i would drop it down to 1000 fps, and call it macaroni! Only problem with heavy loads in the house is your ear drums dont put up with it.

Back