How far can a hog be baited?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the answers guys. Sorry for the neglect. Been dealing with a bit of a gun shipment crisis over the last few days. Can read all about it in the law section...

Another question: If I were to get a couple, would it be legal to sell one? Do they bring any kind of decent money??

I sell a live hog around 40-60 pounds for $40-50 bucks ALIVE... Live hogs can be sold in many if not most states. Dead or fully processed meat requires a butcher house permit or more about anywhere...

With a vet cert. (10 bucks each if I have several needing a look-see) I can run them thru any livestock auction and don't even have to warn the buyer that it was once feral...:o

Generally I sell them for the $40-50 knowing once the transaction is complete, I will sip a few buyer supplied barley pops as I skin and cut it "for no charge";)

Brent

The above post is the very reason for the hog explosion. Folks buying hogs to " stock" a hunting spot. South Carolina has recently made the transport of live feral hogs illegal in an effort to stop the spread of these destructive pests. Only folks with a registered enclosure can be in possession of feral swine. Once the grandfathered enclosures are gone no more will be permitted.

I use to trap and sell wild hogs to hog buyers. They will only buy them if they're 80 lbs or more. They send them to processing plants then to countries where the market is best at the moment. Maybe China then Europe etc. high fence places locally buy big boars for hunters but that means seperating them and going different places. In a 8'x20' trap with corn and diesel if you got hogs you can catch 10 to 15 pigs in each trap every night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back