How do you train yourself to not close the non-dominant eye when aiming while shooting?

I tried to shoot with both eyes open. It was an eyeopener (sorry for the pun).
I was able to place my shots in decent groupings but stopped, for the moment,
and went back to one eye aiming. Felt like my eyes were going cross eyed.
I fully intend to keep trying using both eyes. My take on this is like using my weak hand to shoot vs. my strong hand.
Good luck on this one.

Darn it! I guess I'm just not combat tactical enough. I don't even try to keep both eyes open. Oh, what will become of me;)

Another thing I'd add to what's been said.

Lay off the caffeine it will affect your nerves.

Additionally try exhaling and holding before taking your shot.
You'd be surprised how much breathing can throw your shots off.

Don't hold your breath for too long though or it will actually make things worse.

I am x eyed dominant (left eyed, right handed)...I never knew I had a problem shooting with both eyes open until I was told so...:)

As was said-front sight focus...on some handguns I have to drift the rear sight to the right, but guys with normal dominance also adjust sights. Again, I would advise to just shoot the way it feels most natural and see how that works out.

I learned to shoot a million years ago , NRA one handed Bullseye shooting, back then it was perfectly acceptable to close one eye.
To this day...if I want to make a precise accurate shot...I close one eye.
And I've trophies to prove this method works.
Go ahead...close one eye if it helps with accuracy...no eye police will come issue a citation, trust me.
Gary

Back