How do you hold your piece?

I hold mine like Leatham's pic. I recently switched to that grip after watching one of Kelly McCaan's "Inside The Crucible" DVD's. It's been about a month now and my shooting has improved significantly. My follow up shots are tighter as a group and the recoil has been reduced somewhat. I'm also acquiring the target faster from the draw but I'll attribute this to a slight change in my drawstroke in conjuction with the "new" grip. How do I know this? My times are quicker and I'm hitting better scores during our defensive pistol league.

westphoenix,

I have used that grip on my Glock 26 and my Sig P228 (while I had it). There is some slide contact on the Glock when I grab the gun quickly but the slide is smoothe and does not cause any injuries. The same is true of the Sig P228. I guess if my guns had serrations on the front (such as my Baer TR Special), it would hurt. Most of the time, my finger rests along the frame, under the slide.

I know with enough practice, the gun should become an extension of my hand. I wish I had more time to practice. Even with my limited practice, I am a decent shot. I just feel that point shooting using the method I described allows for faster target acquisition time compared to the traditional grip since I don't get to practice as often as I want.

It seems to work for me. Thanks for not being non-judgemental. :D

I hold it like a baby

It depends which piece I'm shooting, but both thumbs are parrallel and touching eachother on the left side of the gun. Man,....somethings are just difficult to say with just words, yeah? :rolleyes:

Back