how do you carry when you workout/run/are at the gym?

Brando1992

Ive finally started going to the gym and am trying to figure out the best way to carry while in gym clothes. I'm considering buying a ruger LCP Custom to fill this role, what holster system do y'all use for the gym?

I've never carried a weapon while working out in a public gym. (Even as the guy who was the commonly designated 'gun nut' when I was a younger man.)

Is the gym you attend so dangerous you anticipate being threatened with serious bodily injury or death?

I'd not leave a weapon in a public gym locker, either.

I don’t carry at the gym, but do sometimes carry if walking/running in less populated areas. I carry a S&W 442 in a 5.11 Select Carry Pistol Pouch. I find it looks less like a fanny pack than some other options and really tends to disappear with an un-tucked t-shirt. It has room for the gun, ID/Weapons License and keys, but little else.

I'm a cyclist and don't carry when riding. Even when I was lifting I never carried, just not worth the hassle.

br,

During my twice weekly 5 mile runs I carry a SW 642 revolver in a waist pack. Been working well for over ten years.

best wishes- oldandslow

its not that I am at an uncomfortable place but I go right after work and at work I can wear gym clothes and go straight to the gym. I would like to find a system that would work during work and during working out. Also I would like to be able to jog with this set up since I often jog at night.

I have carried either a KelTec P32 or an NAA Pug in a pocket of my sweat pants while at the gym. I always use a pocket holster. I have a small pouch on my bicycle that either of these will fit in also.

Constantine - I'm curious about your set up. What holster belt and workout attire do you use?

Jeans or cargo shorts, T-shirt, Brow Coat Tactical belt, PHLster Skeleton holster and single mag carrier. The mag carrier is at 11 o'clock and the Glock 19 in the Skeleton is at 1 o'clock.

I ride bicycle every day I can. I carry a gun for dogs and Pepper spray for owner :).
One day I came home on bicycle. Neighbors dog came charging me as I pulled into my yard. I pulled my Bulldog 44 sp. from the J frame shoulder holster and fired a shot in the dirt in front of the dog. He turned around immediately. I reported that incident to the dog warden. He was nice, but never came out to fill out a report.

Another time I had my LCP at contact distance with a big dog while I was sitting on my bicycle. The dog did not know what the gun was. I had no fear and he sensed that. After a short while, he responded to his owners calls. I do not know if the owner saw the LcP or not.

Never used or wanted to use pepper spray.

At the gym I put my LCP in the right rear pocket, same as on the bicycle. I have arrived at the gym with a smith 637 in an ankle holster. Not good at all.

Not really worried at the gym, cameras everywhere. I could leave the LCP in the truck or locker, but would NEVER do that.

David

Carry...
This is going to sound paranoid but look at all the places whack jobs have shown up shooting...schools, churches, fast food places, beauty salons, Fort Hood for Pete's Sake...

I'd say you just don't know.

Plus you usually have to walk from your car to the place your going and back and that might be problematic.

Something like a Seecamp or the now ubiquitous Ruger LCP .380 ($250 anytime at Cabelas) can go practically anywhere.

I actually had a run in with a mentally unstable guy in the Gym. Total 'roid rage kind of event. I was glad i had my 3AT clipped IWB at 1oclock.

I ride a bicycle a lot, but I don't carry when I do...but it would be easy enough to do so in a fanny pack...I go hiking sometimes in remote areas, and when I do I carry my pistol in a fanny pack

fanny pack, preferably with an athletic logo or designer style, anything but tactical. a fanny pack may "scream gun" to a cop but for gym, beach, picnic, hiking, etc it blends in better than a holster. besides, i have a ccw permit and im doing nothing unlawful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back