How do I get a class III?

Personally, I am deciding right now between a nice Reising with a "normal" and a paratrooper stock or an M2 carbine that would fit nicely with my M1 carbines. Both are in the 5000 range. Kinda leaning towards the M2 because I have 25 15rd mags and 12 30rd mags for my M1 carbine and since the guns are identical with the exception of certain fire control parts I would be good to go.

Last edited:
I saw on video this guy shot 100 rounds of .50 out of a M2 and went YEEE HAA

I cant imagine how much that thing costs, and the AMMO ! heavens....

sorry, but I was referring to an M2 CARBINE not an M2 Browning Machine Gun.There is no way that I could even think of affording an M2 Browning Ma Deuce.

Ok done some research..a Revokable Living trust WILL take the place of
the passport pictures/ fingerprint cards/CLEO signature in doing a form 1 or form 4!

what still has to be sent in is the "Certification of Trust" which is a notorized approx 6 page highlight of the larger "Declaration of Trust"
the (2)completed form 1 or 4
and (2)18USC compliance forms
200.00 dollar money order or check

The Trust documents can be drawn up with Quicken Will Maker(49.95)
and then Notorized. Some states want you to file your trust at the courthouse for a fee of usally around $22.00....other states like Texas there is no requirement to file the paperwork with the court.....there is no reoccuring fee's, it doesnt complicate your personal taxes, and allows designated people to control your property without long drawnout probate
preceedings at your death...and can save inhereatence taxes too.

The main thing is , just like like the more complicated, yearly re-up fee, incorporation or LLC,
this allows you in the case of living in a NFA friendly state but in a county where the chief LEO is a antigunner..to bypass dealing with him entirely. I live in a NFA friendly county where the sheriff
has no trouble with doing the process...but its slow as molasses( last time he had my papers 6 weeks before sending them back) so with this I can set at home and in a few minutes complete a form 1 and go to the post office a few minutes later and its on its way...No going downtown and paying to park to drop paperwork off, no waiting 2-6 weeks. Ya just cant beat that :)

here is an excellant thread on the subject:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=17&t=199942&page=1

and another:
http://sigforum.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/669101014/p/1

Last edited:
Illinois?

Does anyone know if Illinois is one of the states where you have to be a class 3 dealer to own a fully automatic weapon?

VUPD- Thanks for the reply, and thank goodness for Illinois laws! I'm sure criminals would never dream of having a MG if the state says they can't. :rolleyes: :barf:

I myself most likely will never own a full auto just because of the expense of not only the gun itself, but also ammo cost. Kind of defeats the purpose if I were to always shoot a selectfire gun on semi-auto. :rolleyes: However, the idea of a full auto 10/22 is very intriguing and I do have experience with it. Fun and cheap to shoot on full auto. I probly will just stick with suppressors and SBSs and SBRs. And yeah, I plan on being out of Cali by then. I still don't understand why full autos are legal in Cali, but permits never issued. :(

Maser, unless you are running buddies with Mike Dillion, who has a helicoptor just to put a minigun in,lol your not going to shoot a select fire gun on full auto most of the time, but its still fun to have them. That being said my days of buying new full autos are kinda over as well... I just cant plunk down the price of a brand new hot rod ford mustang on one M16...and paying 4500.00 for a STEN gun makes me ill (the last one I had was 400.00, fun gun at 400.00 but not worth it at 4500.00) so I, like you, am going to stick to SBR's/ suppressors/ AOW's because they are still somewhat in the relm of sane pricewise.

the form 4 packets are going out on these toys monday :)
20070216001qf5.jpg

Maser,
Many of us view a machinegun as an investment. A fun investment. Years down the road, if things remain as they are, we can make a lot of $$$ selling it if we wish.

In my case I bought a AC556K for $6500. Seven years ago they were $2500. Pretty good return on investment.

Trust issues that most do not consider

Most people seem to be using Quicken or a form from an office supply store to set up generic trusts. Although you probably know how to transfer a c3 (class 3) weapon correctly, the real problem is when or if you are unable to be the trustee. will the next trustee, perhaps a family member or friend, and the beneficiary ( in the case of your death) know what needs to be done, or will they just give the gun to the beneficiary?

A gun trust with specific NFA language adds a level of instructions and gives the trustee the ability to reject items not transfered correctly. This can protect your family, and friends from criminal and civil penalties.

Back