How absurd is 4" IWB carry?

Are the Astra's pretty common where you are? If so, I would think holsters would be available for them.

They are basically nonexistent here, so finding a holster is somewhat problematical.

If you like the Smart Carry, they do make holsters for full size guns. Not the same as AIWB though, and you lose the quick reholstering capability.

Maybe one of the more current belly band type holsters would give you more of a belt line carry. Still have that reholstering issue though.

Another option would be someone who makes kydex (or leather) holsters. If they dont already, maybe they could make you up something.

im in the process of getting rid of a kimber pro carry for this very reason....i like to carry at 4 or 5 oclock, and the 4" barrel is just long enough to be uncomfortable

@AK

Astras are not popular, per se. They are about, this being Europe and they being from Spain. But that is as far as it goes.

As such holsters are not common for them specifically. My best bet is finding a Model 19 holster. Buying from the States is an option but I get hammered at the border with customs charges.

I’ll look into the smart carry.

First I’ll have a look at the gun and see what it’s like.

-Suppressors over the counter.
-No rule against making pistols in to SBRs.

Now that right there is some honest (and I'm not kidding) "common sense" gun legislation. Not like the kind being pushed on us in the U.S.

I will just never understand the rational of a law that forbids you to put a stock on a handgun.

Good luck.

Too thick? The S&W 15 cylinder is 1/8" thicker than a Glock 19, everything else on the 15 is much thinner than a Glock. Give it a try. My 642 is ok IWB, my LC9 hurts, there is more to it than the thickness of the cylinder.

Well I saw the 4” and it’s in reeeeally good nick compared to others I’ve seen.

The model is an Astra NC-6.

Dropped the hammer in the cylinder and checked it for wiggle room: none!!

The trigger is way smoother than my existing 680 and it has adjustable rear sights.

Very nice indeed!!

When I was a young big city cop in Texas with a new baby, the only pistol I could afford was my duty gun. I carried a 6" 686 everywhere, rain, shine, heat, cold for several years. I carried it IWB in jeans/T shirt off duty.

One of my best friends was a sheriff's deputy in the 70's and 80's. When he transferred from uniform to plainclothes, he continued to carry his 4" S&W 66 duty gun. In all fairness, though, he was a big guy and could easily conceal a full size gun.

in order to buy this revolver, I'd have to get rid of one I presently own.

James Pond, If you don't mind me asking, how many handguns can you have? Any way you could consolidate by using 1 modular frame like a P320 and getting different grip modules and slide assemblies? That might clear up more space for revolvers which you can't casually swap barrels unless you find an old Dan Wesson kit.

If I don’t want to upgrade my current secure storage, then I need to keep it to 8 firearms. Whether they are all handguns or none or some is up to me and my bank account!

The problem with something like the the P320 is a semi and if carried must be condition 3.
Revolvers are the exception to this rule, hence why I chose a revolver as EDC.

Otherwise I’d have a Rami in my belt!!

Back