• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

How About Some Help Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bud Helms

I'm having some problems with this dinky UBB software! Why is it that when I want to go from, say, the Handloading & Reloading Forum (What's that all about anyway? Handloading IS reloading, ain't it?) to the Smithy Forum, I have to run my mouse all over the place? I thought softwaaaaaaaare was supposed to be a user interface facilitator? I think we should have a little window (pic-in-pic) that we can turn your head toward and just wink at the forum you want next and then just automatically go there!

Another thing. What's the SUBMIT button all about? If I didn't want to submit a post or a reply I wouldn't be there, now would I?

Another thing. How come people say "arkive", when it's obviously "archive", as in, "ar chives are coming up good this year."

These things are keeping me up at night. Oh, well... (sigh), time to go take my medicine.

:p

(As a registered user, I am entitled to waste a little bit of bandwidth on occasion, as in this edit. We all have our part to play here.)

[This message has been edited by sensop (edited April 30, 2000).]

Another thing. How come people say "arkive", when it's obviously "archive", as in, "ar chives are coming up good this year."

These things are keeping me up at night. Oh, well... (sigh), time to go take my medicine.

:p

english is a bastard thieving language,the
word you are having fun with is a greek root word. therefor(ooh finaly got to use that word) the hard k sound for CH

rms/pa

I can relate to what you are saying Sensop. As has been well documented on these forums my own computer aptitude is somwhat....shall we say lacking. I have many computer related questions that have, heretofore, gone unasked. However since you have raised these issues with this thread I feel much more comfortable in exposing myself.....computer speaking of course. The question that has troubled me most of late relates to the correct terminology when one is discussing more than one computer mouse...say in a group. I know that when discussing the annoying and often elusive mousesannoyoushouse, or more commmmonly referred to by the lay person ( I love that term.....lay person, it always sounds so deviant.), simply as a house mouse, they are called mice. However does this term, mice, also apply when referring to a group of computer mouses? Does one refer to them as computer mice or computer mouses?
I feel certain that if I only knew the answer to this seemingly simply, but yet complex question I could acheive the confidence to go on to computer greatness and perhaps fill my life long dream of understanding the magic wand used by the checker at the local 7 Eleven.

------------------
Gunslinger

TFL End of Summer Meet, August 12th & 13th, 2000

"Another thing. What's the SUBMIT button all about? If I didn't want to submit a post or a reply I wouldn't be there, now would I?"

This brings up a good point. The SUBMIT button is fine, but I think we need to add a CANCEL button on the posting screen so that when sens..., er, someone creates a post and then rereads it in the light of day and sees that it doen't make a lot of sense, they can CANcel it so no one else will see it for what it is. :D :D

Mal, MAL! ... YOU'VE HAD A GREAT IDEA! A CANCEL BUTTON! Do you know how many times I've wished I had never posted a particular post? Why there's one in this very thread!

A CANCEL button. Now we're getting somwhere.

'Still don't see a pukin smiley in the smilies legend ... yeah. When I have a great idea, it's nothing, just, "That's fine , sensop. Now calm down. No. Calm down. There, now go to the Smithy's Forum and make a fool of yourself. There, there. That's a good boy." Yeah, thanks a lot. I WANT A PUKIN' SMILEY! OR ELSE I GO TO THE GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM AND START POSTING TECHNICAL SHOTGUN QUESTIONS!!! After that, who knows.

Sensop,
What can you expect of a system that requires you to go to "Start" to shut it off?

:D OOPS!, I mean, ;)

Calm your arse down.... how about this one?
pukey.gif

Little green Mole at the moment of being hit by a .45 Quik-Shok -
mr_yuk.gif

Little Green Mole one minute after being hit by above -
sick.gif

Then, after the above, out come hords of attack moles to seek vengence!
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif

Sweet DREAMS Sensop! :D

[This message has been edited by Schmit (edited May 01, 2000).]

Schmit, you are not a nice man.....I guess that's why I let you occasionally hang around casa Jefferies, though. ;)

------------------
Shoot straight & make big holes, regards, Richard at The Shottist's Center

[This message has been edited by 45King (edited May 02, 2000).]

OK, I'm calm. ..... Oh. Ohhhh. Ohhhhhhhhh, Schmitster, those are soooo cool. You can be my official controller if you want. I will use them. I am now happy again ... medication in full cruise mode.

Sensop, get ready because I think you have totally lost it if you like those flashing little green moles, so the men in the little white coats are coming because they stopped here for a Shriner Beer enroute to your house, so pack your bags because they will be there shortly. :D :D :D :D

------------------
WHEN IT COMES TO FRIENDS THE SKY IS NOT THE LIMIT

I smell something! It's a ....... no, it couldn't be .... Oh, I think it is! ...sniff! ...sniffsniff! It is! It's a test!!!!!

There's a new test thread somewhere nearby!!! Oboy, here we go!!!!! heh, heh.

TERRI!

Not "Shriner" dagnab it!

Shiner! SHINER! Lose your Rs! ;)

(Oh, Jeez. I'll catch it for this one! :D :D)

OK DENNIS did you say it was SHRINER?????? OH I guess you said Shiner, LOL I will remember this when you get here I will make sure you get a Shriner Beer if I have to produce it my self. LOL Besides that don't yell at me, you remind me of my Mother. LOL :D :D :D :D :D :D Had to add these since this is Sensops thread. LOL

------------------
WHEN IT COMES TO FRIENDS THE SKY IS NOT THE LIMIT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back