How about an update on the vote in Missouri?

Cornered rat,you misunderstand me.Perhaps I could have made myself more clear. What I meant was that normally law abiding citizens that felt compelled to carry a concealed weapon as I myself do from time to time, citizens who would have applied for a permit,had Prop B passed, will likely continue to do as they have done in the past.Carry illegally. My comment about criminals being a protected class was a tounge in cheek way of saying that it is still safe for criminals in Missouri to practice their chosen profession.

For a list of the companies who supported the anti-gunners in defeating Prop. B, go to:

http://www.nraila.org/pub/ila/1999/99-04-08_faxalert_mo_rtc

While some will blame these companies, the anti-gun Gov. and the Klinton's, the blame should be squarely placed on those Missouri gun owners who DIDN'T VOTE! As someone else has already pointed out on the Web, only 35% of voters voted, with about 48% for the CCW measure. This means that 83% of gun owners DID NOT VOTE!! This is an outrage to me and I am sure to all of the very hard working gun owners and grass roots supporters who worked to get this measure passed.

This vote was also very critical due to the fact that this was the first time that a CCW was put to a general vote by all voters as opposed to a state legislature. We not only lost the vote, we gave the anti-s a considerable weapon to use in future fights for CCW and other pro-gun measures.

AND THE ENTIRE BLAME IS DUE TO LAZY AND PROBABLY IGNORANT GUN OWNERS WHO DIDN'T VOTE LAST TUESDAY!!!!

Regards,

Albin

No offense to you fine missourians out there, but before everyone starts screaming about how "guns" were defeated in Missouri, let's remember that Missouri is the home of Dick Gephardt. Just as Texas had LLoyd "Where's my pork" Bentson for 500 years, Missouri has suffered through the stupidity that is Gephardt for quite some time now. Mr. Gephardt wields enormous influence in the populous areas of St. Louis and Kansas City and it was most likely a combination of his demogoguery and voter apathy which allowed this bill to fail.

Back