Homemade silencer

Status
Not open for further replies.

95P38RR

I've heard it can be done with a coke bottle.

I wanna try it out with my .22 anyone know how to do it? anything special to do? or just cut the bottom off and tape the neck on the barrel? lol

this should be interesting.

-James

Manufacturing a suppressor is illegal without an approved form1 which requires a $200 tax stamp. That sure seems like a lot of cash to lay out to shoot through a pop bottle. I know you wouldn't want to discuss doing something illegal on the net.

Keep in mind that BEFORE you fire it, you should bring the gun and your homemade item down to your local ATF office for serial number assignment. Just tell em you made it yourself, they will give you some paperwork

Wildmods?Alaska TM

of course I don't do anything illegal, I've never taken the Mustang out street racing illegally either.

I'd like to stay out of trouble, I'm an Admin on a Land Rover site so I know how easy it is to get a IP address on Vbulletin

Only reason I'd make it is to see if it works, not like I'll leave it on there.

And if it doesn't work, I can shoot the bottle. I can try it on the Ranch, that is after I talk to the right people of course.

This topic is not appropriate for public discussion, even moreso on a forum such as this where responsible and law-abiding gun ownership is what we stand for.

Jeff

wowwwwwww people really that anal on this website...all u do is poor out tha soda...root beer works....put tha bottle over and fire...it only works once and dont cut tha bottom...tha fumes from tha soda left inside is wat surpesses tha sound...i saw that on tv so im sure its okay to put on tha website

yeah i saw it on TV too, I couldn't remember everything they said or even what the show was or channel.

I can't remember if it was a 20oz, a 3Liter, or what though, do you?

Why pour out the root beer, just drink it lol, then the gun will be silent and you can burp and not be silent

ha ha

Yeah, I'm that anal.

I'm also a former federal agent who saw a helluva lot of people ARRESTED and CONVICTED for the same, exact thing that the original poster is wanting to publicly discuss how to do.

Just because it is on the internet does not make it either legal or moral or ethical to do.

There are websites promoting pedophilia and bestiality. Doesn't mean it is either appropriate or legal.

These kinds of flippant attitudes work AGAINST us as law-abiding, respectful firearms owners and enthusiasts.

You wanna go experiment with such things, go learn it on your own or discuss it with your Rambo-wannabe buddies. But it is NOT appropriate on a forum devoted and maintained to promote responsible, law-abiding firearms ownership.

Jeff

I do remember that tv show showed how a real silencer works and it has ribs of a sort on the inside of it, probably wouldn't be hard to make but if you had to go through that much paperwork and bureaucratic bull**** it wouldn't be worth it.

however, i just wanna try it out on that .22 to see if it can be done, you think they'd have a problem with me doing it out on the ranch?

These kinds of flippant attitudes work AGAINST us as law-abiding, respectful firearms owners and enthusiasts.

You wanna go experiment with such things, go learn it on your own or discuss it with your Rambo-wannabe buddies. But it is NOT appropriate on a forum devoted and maintained to promote responsible, law-abiding firearms ownership.

Well said.

TFL Members are ambassadors to the world for firearm owners. What kind of ambassador does your post make you?

--Capt Charlie

however, i just wanna try it out on that .22 to see if it can be done, you think they'd have a problem with me doing it out on the ranch?

Of course not. Just call up the feds and let em know, they'll probably want to come out and watch. They love that sort'a stuff. :D:D:D

Texas Sea Ray - you saying I'm not law abiding? If I wasn't law abiding don't you think I would have bought my guns on the streets instead of Cabela's or at gun shows, or at Academy? Think about it. If I was a criminal I wouldn't post on here either.

I'm smarter than that.

Also, like I said, I posted on here to get info from knowledgeable people. And thanks to everyone and their info.

If you were law abiding, you wouldn't publicly ask for advice on how to illegally build a device that can get you a $10,000 fine and 10 years in prison.

OMG what ever happend to for informational purposes only? I seen em do it on cable tv a few years back in a movie. The used ducttape to the barrel and it was resuseable since it held the bottle in place and shot through the same hole. I don't see how gas would muffle it, it's simply the expansion chamber that quieted it just like on a real supressor. It was kinda MacGyverish but looked stupid with a 2 liter bottle hangin on the end of the barrel.

I have the Paladin Press full auto conversion guide book for 10/22's and never even thought seriously about really doing such a thing, but it fun reading and cool pictures. No big deal. If they don't want people even doing harmless daydreaming about such things then maybe hollyweird shouldn't make james bond & MacGyver type movies etc..

Just don't really try it because in real life you'd get a trip to the pokey for it if anyone seen you and made the call. Not worth it.

OMG what ever happend to for informational purposes only?

Nothing, for when it's for informational purposes only.

Somehow, I have gotten the impression that he wants to actually build an illegal suppressor and test it out on the ranch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back