Home defense, mounted gun lights - any opinions?

I think the best option is always one that will let you turn the light on and off as needed. No sense continuingly giving your exact position away. And not tie you up if you need to engage a target.

lights

Many posters addressed important issues,but not the one I'm most
concerned about.As the OP said,won't a gun mounted or hand held
light just give the intruder a good target?

gunfixr said:
When I get out of bed and my wife is still there, and daughter in the room next to ours, the rest of the house should be empty.

It's that "should" part that'll get you. Not much fun if you blow that "intruder" away because your wife is in bed and your daughter should be in her bedroom, then find out that the "intruder" was your daughter sneaking in after visiting her boyfriend.

If I opt for my Mini14 I have a mounted light if something eles I carry a flashlight . The idea to me is turn it on when needed and then turn it back off . One night years ago I heard a car stop infront of our house . I grab my 870 doose gun and Maglight go out the back door and make my way around to the front all steathy so far . Then my Wife gets scared ant turns the front poruch light on . Turns out it was a carload of teenagers that were just rideing around out in the Country and stopped to change drivers . Not sure who was the scaredist when the light came on me or the teens looking at me carrying that huge 12ga .

Back