Home Defense (HD) and Personal Defense (PD)

I'm not aware of paintball mines that actually use paintballs. The Paintball Master Mine uses a Venom Pwder Paint Pre-mix, not paintballs. Since it's not harmful the Master Mine would be great in helping the police. Kinda like Banks using dye packs :D

I've got an MP5A3 from 85 with a surefire grip, (along with many other class IIIs), it has a 30round mag filled, with a 3 mag bracket, so I've got 90 rnds ready for anyone who wants it. All Black Talons, sitting right next to the service radio.

Good luck getting past my deadbolted door and boxer.

Damn w4klr,

Tell me what neck of the woods you live in so I can stay the hell away from your place. Imagine I mistake your house for mine in a drunken stupor... Not a good thing. If I'm not mistaken, you are in law enforcement right? If not, the use of class 3 weapons may turn a perfectly legal self defense into a manslaughter or even murder case against you. Stick with the basics when it comes to home defense. I saw a good ol fashion pump shotgun should end any attempts just by chambering the first round. If not, you could count on the 6 rounds of 3" magnum 00 shells you have loaded. :eek:

Stephen,

In preparing for home defense, I feel you must prepare for war.

When I see people say that a 6 shot revolver will suffice, who is to say a gang of 10 kids isn't storming your house?

To say that I will unload 30rnds into one person is ridiculous, and on the other hand, regardless, I'd rather be tried by 12, than carried by six.

There are 2 mp5s in my safe, and one semi auto clone.

One MP5 is my personal class III, my MP5 (as much as I'd like for it to be my own) that is loaded with Black Talons, is unfortunately, my department's weapon. The clone is well... a clone.

When it comes to basics, I like to leave the basics to office procedures. When it comes to my life, or my family's, I like the advanced stuff.

My decision to fire is based on a threat to another life is based on the threat one poses to me or my family.

Should a drunkard be banging on my house at night, I will be armed, but shooting a dude armed with a hangover is not my agenda.

SWAT does have its advantages at times, (as long as I'm not talking about the pay :p )

errrr.... w4klr, that's a bit much don't you think?

Nothing against your plan but, well, it does seem abit much. I'll think I will stick with semi-auto pistol, shotgun, rifle combos :eek: .

Wayne

Wayne,

I do like your defense line up, it seems (and is most likely) extremely effective and well thought out.

My main concern is spending time changing weapons, and leaving some behind in case a breach is made.

With an MP5 and 90rnds, plus a USP 45, I'm set for a while.

For some reason when I think of home invasion, the Tony Montana shootout scene comes to mind.

With the 3 magazine bracket, switching magazines in a tactical situation is no sweat, and takes no time whatsoever.

And to quote my DI in the Corps "Overkill is better than no kill at all sir".

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best I would say.

w4klr,

Since you are SWAT, you can disregard any of my negative comments. I'm sure you have had extensive training and that even if you were forced to shoot with whatever weapon, it would most likely be justified. It is highly possible that you will face revenge attacks from family or gang members that you have either arrested or killed. Thank God that is not the case for most of us on this board.

For the common Joe Schmoe such as myself, I hope I will never have enemies to the point where I will need automatic weapons to defend myself. I for one think most people will be deterred by my 85 lb. akita's grin. If they get past her and trip the alarm, I will be armed to the teeth with my Remington 870 and .40 Sig 229. My wife will be armed with the cell phone and a .357 GP 100. If I'm still alive after all that, I'll grap the AR-15 loaded with varmit rounds from Hornady. How's that for a home defense plan?

For Home Defense, I have 48 guns strategically placed throughout my one-bedroom studio apartment. For Personal Defense, I have 62 guns strategically placed on my body at all times, even in the shower.

w4klr,

There are places out there that offer protection classes with fully auto (or controlled bursts) and never really thought about using one for HD.

I guess in a way, even gun owners get alittle :eek: when thinking of using a fully auto for PD/HD and that shows that we're even affected by the media and the anti's :( :o .

Wayne

Well, what can I say then.

The weapons furnished to me from BSO are mine to use at my discretion. To say that using an MP5 is excessive or too little is for my judgement alone, since none of you protect my family from the high profile situations I have been in.

I honestly don't think it is within anyone's place to say what is or isn't sufficient for another's defense.

On the other hand, the :eek: reactions by knowing I'm prepared to defend my family with an automatic weapon may also be influenced by the media don't you think?

All a double edged sword of controversy, which side we choose is up to us though.

Whoa, read my post #29 (dang, hit the wrong key and posted before I was done).

What I meant was that I have seen classes in the use of full auto as PD/HD and "I" never really thought about using one.

And that the :( = unhappy and :o = embarassed that my first reaction was :eek: instead of thinking about it first.

Wayne

How's that, when according to your QRZ.com profile, you just graduated high school about a year ago, and not even old enough to buy a handgun? If you are that concerned with your family's safety, you may not want to make your callsign your username because your address can be looked up. I am also an amateur radio operator and I hate the fact that people can look me up on a database like that.

Wrong person, neighbor's son is a ham he has a catchy call, I never studied long enough to get my ticket, I show up to Palmetto meetings.

I had to finish my post quickly so here is my thought process on home defence. First if I had time to spend training a good dog to not **** or piss on the floor then that is what I would do. I don't-- So I got the motion detector. I live alone so I dont have to worry about false alarms. I positioned it so that when an intruder tries to come up the steps to my bedroom -it will go off. This is important because an intruder will likely sneek in your home undected without an alarm or dog. Being in a deep sleep and having an intruder on top of you may not give you time to get your gun and your reflexes will not be sharp. If I do supect an intruder I have a Ruger GP100 on my nightstand positioned for a quick grab. It is also good to practice grabbing your weapon. I can turn on a light by my night stand also which faces the door to my bedroom. Given enough time I would keep the revolver in hand and pick up my Mossberg 500. I also charge my cell phone by the bed along with having a flashlight there also with blue light sticks to stick in the window for easy police view.

I dont worry about getting broke into while I am awake because I keep a Makarov with hollow points and a HK USP 40 at hand. Let me know what you think. Any holes in this system. It may seem paranoid but after watching "It takes a theif" and Court TV dealing with intruders that break in and kill people with a knives It makes my feel better

Back