Home Carry Rig

Do you carry guns @ inside your home?

• Yes

Votes: 63 72.4%
  • No

Votes: 24 27.6%

• Total voters
I'm wearing my robe right now ....

and my .380 is in my robe pocket. But there are always trade-offs and I know that a .380 is considered inadequate under many (most?) protection scenarios. But it is easily carried around the house and in my yards. And, in many instances, just SHOWING a gun serves the purpose.

I also own a North American Arms .22 Magnum which I sometimes carry in addition to my normal CCW (a Kel-Tec .40) just because it's such a beautiful piece of work.

I voted 'yes'. I applied for my CHL almost 6 weeks ago, and should get it any day.
Hey Overman, if you don't my asking, what county are you in? I applied in Jefferson only a few weeks ago. The max is 90 days but I'm curious how it's running on average in different places; I've heard Denver will pretty much take the entire 90 days, but wonder how speedy other more sensible counties are being.

Another handy way to keep a gun nearby ...

is the Hide A Gun. I have one mounted underneath the desk I sit at when I'm at my computer and unless someone gets down on the floor they will never see it. HIDE A GUN :cool:

This isn't meant as a poke at any particular poster, but when people say, "When I'm at home, I'm always within 5 feet of a shotgun," I have to wonder if they have a heck of a lot of shotguns, or a really small house.

This place always makes me laugh... :D

[hijack]
ManChicken
Hey Overman, if you don't my asking, what county are you in? I applied in Jefferson only a few weeks ago. The max is 90 days but I'm curious how it's running on average in different places; I've heard Denver will pretty much take the entire 90 days, but wonder how speedy other more sensible counties are being.
Just got mine in six weeks here in Montrose. Colorado cleared me within the first week, then we (sheriff's office and I) had to wait on the FBI.
[/hijack]

P.S. Yes, I carry at home - more for real world training/getting use to carring than to be armed at home. BTW, when does it stop feeling like I've got a basket ball under the shirt and a neon sign overhead blinking GUN? :eek:

Thanks for all the cool, wise, funny and other responses gentlemen. I have concluded that I will be going with a "cowboy" type rig. Buying myself a pistol belt and all should be well. :D

The only place I don't carry is where it is legally prohibited,
for one reason or another.

Otherwise, I'm packin'. Around the house, usually either
just stuffed in the waistband (Mexican carry)
or in a paddle holster.

Walter

Back