Holsters to carry at home?

When I am out of the house I IWB carry my Wilson Combat 45acp with my KelTec PF9 9mm in a Galco pocket holster as backup, other than that the KelTec stays in the pocket of whatever I put on in the morning and stays there until I take it off to go to bed. As you can see it's well worn from many years of being carried.
IMG_5842.JPG

Same Vedder light tuck as I wear out of the house. Goes on with the pants in the morning and stays on. Don't have to mess with on/off/switching that way. I appreciate consistency.

If I'm lounging about in sweatpants or athletic shorts for the morning/day, I don't carry so no holster. Gun stays close by though.

If my belt stays on, I, like so many others, just keep the same holster on. If I'm lounging around without a belt, I put the pistol in a pocket holster (to protect the trigger) and put it on a side table. When working outside I use a fanny pack. (Laugh if you want, but few if any holsters keep a pistol cleaner when grass clippings, dirt, sweat, and such are flying around.)

I don't use a kangaroo carry, but to me they are more for deep concealment. I wouldn't use one around the house even if I had one.

Has anyone got the smart carry? How is your experience with that?

I have a Smart Carry that I have had for many years. In So. TX it is very hot when wearing outside, but does provide deep cover if that's what you are looking for.

I find that it works great for a bump in the night rig.

f9eae45ded3d5a964501e2b72bfaee37.jpg

Back