Holsters to carry at home?

The same one I use when I'm away from home. I don't really understand the question. Home, somewhere else; what difference does it make?

OWB, open top for a number of different guns. I'm on a farm, with a lot of on and off machinery/vehicles movement, and my daily choice frequently changes: A single action Ruger .44, .41, or .357 with stout loads during deer season, a BHP for the sheer fun of it on home range days, a Sig 365 if going to the better parts of town on Louisville, or a M60 Smith with a 3" bbl. for any of the above.

I've built open top OWB holsters for them all, worn at ~ 4:00 position, they're easily concealed with a jacket, suit coat, or even a long t-shirt. Using one type like this for all makes and models ensures that I'll find the gun with a firing grip when I reach...it's always in the same spot! Rod

Last edited:
When I carry at home, it's usually because I simply haven't bothered to take off the holster and gun I've been wearing while out. If I decided to carry all the time while at home, I might switch from an IWB holster to an OWB holster for a bit more comfort.

I don't carry at home; never saw the need; but if I did, it would be the same one I would use during the day.

I believe I'd find a new place to live if things got to where I needed to carry inside my home.

That being said, until the moving van arrived, I'd probably wear a Berns-Martin shoulder rig when sitting on the can and a rubberized belt with a fully-waterproofed flap holster when in the shower...

IWB or OWB... even with bigger guns, Colt SAA, Glock 20, Sig 220, S&W N or L frames, I often forget I'm wearing them. When I hit the recliner, I'll remove weapon and lay it beside the chair, until I go to bed (then it's under "My Pillow").

Yes, never really carry at home, but if I did it might be something like a Tanker Holster. I wouldn't want to be relaxing on the couch with a gun on my hip

I don’t carry in the house, there are several easily accessible firearms there. (No kids in the home). But I always carry my Walther TPH in a pocket holster working around the ranch.

Same as others, holster on my belt at home is the holster that had a gun in it when I'm gone from the home.

I do not carry at home, normal carry gun is on a table nearby, another gun is in the bedroom.

Vega full-flap cordura holster - I don't need particular quick draw capabilities but just a place to put the gun where it can't get dirtyor snag on branches etc...

Same Fist kydex IWB holster and Glock 23 (or 1911) as when walking the dogs, riding a bicycle, ect... in the "excellent area" where I live.
I live in an excellent area, but unfortunately criminals and psychos are mobile. ;)
Shorts & shirt (summer clothes) is all that is needed for concealment of a "decent" pistol. :D
attachment.php

Attachments

• July18b.JPG
    July18b.JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 239
If you only have one gun, I guess carrying in your home is feasible.
Fortunately, we can have multiple guns.
I have guns where we need them, and there is no need to carry inside the house.

Back