Holster for TT-33?

DiverDwn

Inactive
I bought a Romanian because it seems like a great pistol for concealed carry (dissenting opinions are very welcome) but I don't see anywhere online to buy a more contemporary holster. Anyone specialize in C&R leather?

I didn't see what you found. Thanks for the input. Wouldn't a TT-33 rattle around in something made for a 1911? I don't own a 1911 and so I have nothing to compare.

I would think it would depend on the holster. A hard plastic holster would be the least favorable fit. I have three TT-33, but I only have the military style holsters.

Try searching Google for "TT-33 modern holster".

TK

(dissenting opinions are very welcome)

I would not recomend any TT-33 for CCW. The trigger block safety added to gain enough points with the BATF for importation are unreliable at best. The only other safety is the half cock notch. There is no way to safely carry a Tokarev in condition one, and thumb cocking a weapon in a stressful situation can be problematic.
The availability of reliable self defense ammo is also a problem. Most 7.62X25 ammo is fmj, and with the high velocity of this round over penetration is a definite possibility.
If you want a C&R handgun for CCW the CZ 82 or P-64 would be a much better choice. JMHO

I saw a post in another forum where a guy removed that added safety completely and put in a flush mount machine screw. It was a really nice fix, since it was worthless and didn't work. I just liked the idea of a gun that powerful and slim as a CC. But you're probably right. Overpenetration it probably a limiting factor.

However, I would still like an open carry holster for when I go hunting.

If your willing to dedicate time to learning the Tokarev IMHO it would make an adequate CCW, definitly not my first choice, But a nice slim package that packs quite a punch.
It is designed to be carried with a round chambered on half cock. The half cock safety also lockes the slide and blocks the trigger. The notch is robust and not likely to break and the rowl hammer is easy to manipulate. The draw is similar to a SA revolver and while it does take some practice, once mastered is quite fast.
as to SD ammo there is hollow point ammo avaliable Wolf makes one in their gold line that I've used in both my Tok and my CZ52. Also Reed's ammo in OK has some they load with Hornady XTPs that I'd sure take a look at if I was going to carry my Tok on a regular basis.

hollow point ammo avaliable Wolf makes one in their gold line that I've used in both my Tok and my CZ52. Also Reed's ammo in OK has some they load with Hornady XTPs that I'd sure take a look at if I was going to carry my Tok on a regular basis.

Will a Tok feed hollowpoints reliably? IIRC some older handguns have problems feeding them, because HPs really weren't around when the guns were designed.

Excellent info. Thank you. I had heard that expanding rounds were made in 7.62x25 and wondered if that would be a fix for the "not wanting to shoot extra people" problem.

Maybe I have the wrong opinion of cheap ammo, but is Wolf reliable enough to trust your life to it as SD ammo? I base this doubt on failure to fire experience with wolf, and other cheap 7.62X39 ammo in both several SKS and AK rifles. Not a lot of FTF, but one is too many in SD ammo.

Maybe I have the wrong opinion of cheap ammo, but is Wolf reliable enough to trust your life to it as SD ammo?
I don't know if it makes any difference but the 7.62X25 HPs are the Gold line which is brass cased and boxer primed and reloadable brass.I've only shot a couple boxes, but have had no problems.

As noted the tt33 is a relatively unsafe and relatively large pistol for ccw. There is a lot of overpenetration potential, and An expensive round. You can carry it, and it beats a rock, but there are better options out there.

As noted the tt33 is a relatively unsafe and relatively large pistol for ccw.
the tt33 is perfectly safe as designed it is designed to be carried on half cock.and Large? have you actually picked one up they are extremely slim.

and An expensive round.
There's still mil-surp ammo avaliable for $100 for 1250 rounds that's a lot of practice on the cheap.The last HP ammo I bought was $17 for 50 rounds.

There might be better choices. But those aren't valid reasons. The Tok is accurate, reliable and powerful three qualitys I find important when choosing a CCW.

Back