Hog attracting?

The diesel never worked for me.

I have used commercial products that people gave me, they didn't seem to hurt....they all say mix with corn, hmmmmm.

The pig call has mostly fulfilled the role of annoy the wife and dogs.
It turned up when I was going through stuff, so next chance i get I'll try it...I'm sure pigs have to be around first LOL.

If you have pigs, the corn mixed with diesel works wonders and critters leave it alone. Also dont worry about killing pigs in traps. You kill twelve in one trap today and rebait and you should have full trap tomorrow. That is if you really have pigs alot of them.

Also dont worry about killing pigs in traps. You kill twelve in one trap today and rebait and you should have full trap tomorrow. That is if you really have pigs alot of them.

What about everyone else who doesn't have a lot of them? They need to worry about killing pigs in traps?

I have not done a lot of trapping..but I have shot a number of em under feeders....There would be blood there for a number of days....They never stopped eating the corn....

As for hog calls..DN..I have had some success with one called Hog Feeding Frenzy....Coyotes came too....

DNS,

After I quit moving traps solely for the fact that pigs were killed in them, I had a marked increase in frequency of trapped hogs.

I still move in accordance with pig activity.

I shot a pig around 10 AM from a tree stand. Its gut pile was about 40 yards from the stand. An hour and a half later, my buddy shot a pig from the same stand as a group came in to feed on the gut pile. That pig was gutted within 20 yards of the first one. About 3 in the afternoon, the 3rd guy in our party shot his pig from the same stand as a group once again came to feed on the gut pile. I have only been on 2 hog hunts and have been successful on both. From my very limited experience, it seems that gut piles can make some pretty good bait.

Killing hogs in the trap has no effect on future visits by more swine. I’ve killed them in the same trap day after day until they were thinned out. Then you may have to wait a bit for a new bunch to find the trap. Some of my traps have been in the same place for years and repeatedly catch hogs that wander into the area.

We were averaging 40 to 50 a year, but last year was a bit lean, we only caught about 20. Why? Who knows? For sure we ain’t caught ‘em all. Flooding was bad along the Mississippi and many seen were drowned, maybe that put a dent in the population...... But, they’ll be back........ So keep the trap baited.

Back