Hmmm, which one???

Which Scope.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For what purpose? For what chambering? 15X or 25x is a lot of magnification(too much really) if your hunting deer with a .308. Not so much for very long range target shooting or varmint hunting with a .243.
Most shooters put a variable on one magnification and leave it there. There really isn't enough time to fiddle with magnification when hunting other beasts.

The rifle is a Savage Model 110 Tactical desert in 6.5 Creedmoor.

This is primarily a range gun. Some Varmint hunting. And occasionally a deer if the opportunity arises. Although it will not be a dedicated hunting rifle.

I will leave this pole open for the extent of it's time. Even though I did buy a less expensive Vortex today so I can begin load development. (Won't have the funds for the more expensive scope for a couple more weeks.)

T.O.
You've already responded to several of Kilo's posts regarding 270 WSM, 28 Nosler, and 6.5 CM.
Why would you assume it's a 308 or 243?

I do usually set my magnification on 4 power,(4-12X42) just incase of a closer in shot. If the shot is further away, game usually isn't spooked as much, you can take more time and zoom to 12 power.

I do the same with my 4-20X50 Sightron STAC. You can just see the hairs in the fur a little better.
Also allows me to see mirage, for doping any wind.

Kilo and i posting at the same time.

Kilo, can't go much wrong with a Crossfire II.

Yeah I bought a Crossfire 2 6-18 power today. Mostly to start load development with. Depending on how I like this scope I may not buy the more expensive scope. Then use the money I would save for another rifle.

I have that scope Kilo.
Except for having an adjustable objective i really like it.
Does us fine to 600 yards.
Pain shooting steel at different distances.

After shooting it today Its ok. Tracks well. Its pretty clear.

I will say that I actually find it easier to shoot good groups from a bipod and rear bag than I do from my lead sled. I also find it easier to shoot good groups with 12-14x Magnification vs 18. Thats at 100 yards. I am sure the 18x would come in handy further away.

I voted Leupold. Mainly because of the weight difference. That would matter to me, although shooting from a bench rest, it may not matter much.

I think that I will buy the Leupold. For now though I put a cheap Vortex on it in 6-18x44. And actually this optic is pretty damn good for the price. I find it hard to justify the 400% increased cost when this $240 scope is actually quite nice.

What really sells me on the Leupold is the weight and that Turret system. I guess if I want those things I have to ante up.

Alas, i'm financially challenged.:rolleyes:
Hence i don't have the option of ante up. I get what i can, and what works for me. I don't need/use all the bells and whistles.
Don't get me wrong, i love good glass as much as the next person. Just can't justify the exponential expenditure for it.

My vote, if the Crossfire II works for you, then why change it?

Back