HK USP for IDPA CDP

No.
ESP is NOT "any caliber, including .45" The LGB says:
"Handguns permitted for ENHANCED SERVICE PISTOL division must be Single Action or selective SA/DA and be of 9mm (9x19), (9x21), (9x23), .38 Super, .357 Sig, .40 S&W, .41 AE, 10mm Norma, .400 Cor-Bon and meet the following criteria:"

.45 is nowhere mentioned as a permitted ESP caliber. (Except maybe .45 GAP; I don't know if there has been a decision on that, yet.)

I will not enter a USP or any other .45 ACP in ESP at a match I am working, unless accompanied by a contrary policy position from B'ville or my AC.

Well Jim, it appears that me and IDPA are both confused:

ESP says that it must be only the calibers you listed, then they list a 356 TSW gun in the non-inclusive gun list.

Of course, ESP rules also say that the gun must be SA or selective DA/SA only, then goes on to list the Glock series as permitted. :rolleyes:

It seems that the rulebook guys have yet another revision to do. By their current rules, you also could not shoot a Star B in any category if it is 9mm Largo.

So, sorry if I misinformed anyone, I got used to the IDPA rulebook when CDP was a sensible division for heavy recoiling autos, rather than a .45 gentleman's club. At that time, I believe you could shoot a .45 in ESP. But the current rulebook is quite silly. I guess the scorers turn away anyone who shows up with a .50 GI, .40 Super or any other single action that they didn't happen to write down (unless it's 356 TSW :confused: ).

We all know that the IDPA rulebook is a mess, and caliber assignments not the least of it. That is a shame, because I think it discourages some people from shooting. WWW misinformation and rants like yours probably run more off.

I am settled in my mind over caliber assignments.
A single action .45 ACP shoots in CDP, period.
A single action .40 Super, .356 TSW, or Largo shoots in ESP, period.
But I want to be helpful and our club is small, unaffiliated, and not likely to come to the notice of the Authorities, so if you want to shoot your .50 GI in CDP here, that is ok with me. I'd just like to see one.

I'm done and will not comment further.

Back