HK P2000 - A Range Report 14 Years In The Making. Second Chances At First Love

I have the HK P2000sk (non-LEM). It's been a very reliable gun and very comfortable to carry due to its light weight, but to be honest, I'm just not as fond of it as I am my other 9mm sub-compacts. The DA pull is ridiculously heavy and using the mag with the pinky extension pinches the hell out of my finger. Switching to the flat mag plate makes the grip difficult to grip with my medium size hands. Also, there's practically zero aftermarket parts to remedy these issues.

Needless to say, it's not my EDC.

Actually you can adjust the trigger pull. You can get USP hammer springs from Wolff gun springs of various weights. You can then trim them to match the length of the stock P2000sk spring. I used to do this when I had a P2000sk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[quote[The CBP loaded HOT 155 grain .40. I have shot some of it and it is as close to “+P .40” that I have ever felt. I know that they saw some wear and breaks on their guns. The TRS, especially in the LEM guns can be an issue too.[/quote]
Broke 3 or more trigger rebound springs, a trigger bar (finger), and cracked the front of a slide (guide rod hole). The 155 grain stuff was brutal and probably responsible for most of the damage, certainly the cracked slides, but the switch to 180 grain still saw lots of TRS break along with a fair number of trigger bars.

Odd that none of the few USPc we had ever suffered breaks, though they are similar.

Thanks much. I am actually no longer in middle TN, but none of my friends were effected beyond phone service issues.

I had a second chance at first love. I should've kept running after we parted company. ''

You can't return home.

I love my P2000 as well :)

Ni1PF5p.jpg

Are the P2000 and the P2000SK still in active production?
A gunshop near me advised they could seek to find a "new old stock" one from their suppliers.

They were led to believe it still shows on the HK website yet had not been made for a few years.
It does look like they would both be pretty slick and cool handguns. I do love HK bigtime.

Are the P2000 and the P2000SK still in active production?
A gunshop near me advised they could seek to find a "new old stock" one from their suppliers.

They were led to believe it still shows on the HK website yet had not been made for a few years.
It does look like they would both be pretty slick and cool handguns. I do love HK bigtime.

Years ago (5+) when I was an active member on HKPro there were rumors of it being discontinued. A few years back (not sure the exact year) they were available for very good prices, around $600 new. Every once in a while I see them pop up, but it’s been a bit. Looking on gun.deals I don’t see anything in stock. https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/hk p2000

HK batch produces everything it seems. So while they are still in production they come out in batches and sell fairly quickly. As a matter of fact I saw some limited frame color runs of P2000’s not that long ago. Same with most of the others. The VP is the anomaly as those seem to be fairly consistent in their availability.

All that said......2020-2021.........WHATRYAGONNADO. :)

HK batch produces everything it seems. So while they are still in production they come out in batches and sell fairly quickly. As a matter of fact I saw some limited frame color runs of P2000’s not that long ago. Same with most of the others. The VP is the anomaly as those seem to be fairly consistent in their availability.

All that said......2020-2021.........WHATRYAGONNADO. :)

Idk. I’ve owned probably a half dozen or so P2000s. They were always available when I wanted one. Even if they were produced in batches it’s never been a particularly popular pistol on the US commercial market (they were also $800+ for many years, which likely didn’t help). The CBP contract was certainly a big one for HK, but this isn’t a pistol that exactly flies off the shelves.

Back