Hk Mp5

The pair:
15032009315.jpg

Firepower, how are semi and full autos regulated in Pakistan? Do you have to have a license to own firearms or full autos? Registration?

Sorry about the thread hi-jack.

Willie
In Pakistan there are two types of licenses. Non Prohibited Bore (NPB)and Prohibited Bore (PB) licenses. In NPB you can own handguns and shotgun. It also inlcudes .22 caliber rifles, (now) any bolt action as well. The PB covers automatic weapons of any caliber. They also include semi auto rifles of all types except .22. NPB is fairly simpe to obtain, whereas PB is by Prime Minister's approval. That said, no one usually registers a semi on PB license...they go for autos since its too much hasle to obtain one and then why use it for a semiautomatic.

This is the law in nutshell.

as someone who's been dying to get one of these MP5s for years.... how did you guys manage to get them?

Did you all go through the BATFE process and pay ungodly amounts of money for these guns?

Did you all go through the BATFE process and pay ungodly amounts of money for these guns?

I got mine about 5 years ago. Yes, I paid an ungodly amount for it. At today's prices it was a bargain.

You have to go through the NFA process, unless you want to be a felon.

Chipperman:

I just noticed the location on your profile! FINALLY OUT OF MA?! :D I knew you couldn't stay in that hellhole forever.

About how much is an HK semi auto?

AKA the HK-94, banned since the 1989 Import Ban, for about $4,000.

There are/were some companies making US made clones of the HK-94 with varying levels of reliability that can be found cheaper.

There is a .22LR look-a-like called the GSG-5 that is supposed to be pretty decent.

I just noticed the location on your profile! FINALLY OUT OF MA?! I knew you couldn't stay in that hellhole forever

Yep. Just moved two weeks ago. Yee-Haw!!

Sorry, back onto the thread.

There is a .22LR look-a-like called the GSG-5 that is supposed to be pretty decent.

I've not fired one myself, but have been hearing mostly good things. There were apparently some early ones that had problems, but the later ones all seem to be ok.

Yeah, the newer ones are good, and of course incorporate many fixes that were recalled on the older models...

I actually kinda miss this setup here...have a folding stock and Surefire forend on it now...
DSC_0002.jpg

Back