Higher End Scope Options

might give the Sig Sauer scopes a look,,,nice glass,,life time warranty

i have a couple and they are pretty impressive ,,,the ones i have are the whiskey line,,,think i may have to try the Tango line some day,,,those are the higher end ,,,,may be just what you are looking for,,,lots of nice features too,,,zero set,,and stop,,,you should give them a look

my .02

ocharry

Sorry to ask.....can you explain this. I truly don't understand...would like to..optical quality? Warranty? Weight? Field of view? Some intangible? Color?

The glass wasn't as nice, the turrets didn't feel as nice to move. Stuff like that.

Not that they were bad, but that they just didn't seem as nice overall.

I have a Steiner T5Xi, an excellent scope out of Europe. The little brother of this one can be had in your price range, (look at gunbroker, amazon and ebay) which is similar without the higher magnification you indicated you don't need.

Huh, no one uses Leopold in the matches I go to either, but as soon as that MK VIII comes out that may change. I haven't seen one yet.

I don't shoot benchrest, so I don't know what they say, but I know lots of guys who shoot NRA High power who have been shooting Leopold for longer than I've been alive. I know it's also the choice of a lot of hunters who could afford anything they wanted.

I have Leopolds on several hunting rifles (non-turret) and they seem very high quality to me. I know nothing about their turret scopes. I have NF, Vortex, and Kahles on my comp rifles. That said, I am not a fan of FFP scopes for hunting at all. I much prefer a SFP scope with a normal sized reticle, because 95% of the time I'm on the lowest power with the highest field of view. FFP scopes get too small for me on the low power, and I find it really annoying. Of course, SFP almost doesn't work for 10 shots in 90 seconds from 300-1200 yards.

Back