High capacity magazines

Status
Not open for further replies.
A thought, how will this affect the Cali compliant AR 'sporting' rifles? I am ignorant to these, but don't they have a 10 round limited/fixed mag of some sort?

I do not know yet about rifles. Some places are going out of stock on Glock magazines. I just placed an order with Glockmeister. They had all plus the A & G(?) Sleeves to use big mags in smaller guns.
To Glock, these are "Standard" mags. To California DOJ these are known as high capacity mags (over 10 rounds).

In my state, I believe such abominations are known as "high capacity ammunition feeding devices."

Leave it to politicians to make a simple concept complicated. I now also require a pistol permit to purchase even a neutered magazine. I recently ordered three 10-round "ammunition feeding devices" from a web site. The next day, I received both an e-mail and a phone call from the vendor, asking for a copy of my permit.

At least he'll sell to me. There are some vendors who simply won't sell any magazines to certain states -- not even the neutered, 10-round legal ones. Not even a 6-round mag for a Colt Mustang.

Last edited:
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20190329/breaking-federal-court-finds-california-magazine-ban-violates-the-second-amendment

You have until 5pm today to place a order for a over 10 round magazine and you can keep them!

Judge issued a stay which will go into effect Today at 5pm. Magazines you legally own by then will remain legal.

THEREFORE, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that the Judgment is stayed in part
pending final resolution of the appeal from the Judgment.
The permanent injunction enjoining enforcement of California Penal Code § 32310 (a) and (b) is
hereby stayed, effective 5:00 p.m., Friday, April 5, 2019.

IT IS HEREBY FURTHER ORDERED that the preliminary injunction issued
on June 29, 2017, enjoining enforcement of California Penal Code § 32310 (c) and
(d) shall remain in effect.

IT IS HEREBY FURTHER ORDERED that the permanent injunction
enjoining enforcement of California Penal Code § 32310 (a) and (b) shall remain in
effect for those persons and business entities who have manufactured, imported, sold, or bought magazines able to hold more than 10 rounds between the entry of
this Court’s injunction on March 29, 2019 and 5:00 p.m., Friday, April 5, 2019.

Dated: April 4, 2019

Last edited:
Retailers that are shipping to CA are:
(This was as of yesterday ..I'd call first today..)

Osage County Guns

https://www.osagecountyguns.com/

Gun Mag Warehouse:

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/

Gun Mag Ships to CA.jpg

The Mag Shack:

https://www.themagshack.com/shipping-policy/

Wilson Combat:

https://www.wilsoncombat.com/

The way I read it, if you Buy (or sell) before 5pm, the magazine is exempted regardless of delivery.
As long as you have a valid sales receipt before 5pm today your magazine is yours....
Keep the receipt in case there are further issues down the road to prove the purchase was made today before 5pm.

Last edited:
And we are forced to buy older out dated model firearms which may not be as safe as the current models! How does that improve safety?

The political forces here in CA that are driving this madness could care less. The left wing progressives sneak these “gun safety / control” referendums onto the election ballots out here and the citizens vote away everyone’s constitutional rights into oblivion. I’m certainly not buying into it but it’s sad to say that I’m in the minority.

The way I read it, if you Buy (or sell) before 5pm, the magazine is exempted regardless of delivery.
As long as you have a valid sales receipt before 5pm today your magazine is yours....
Keep the receipt in case there are further issues down the road to prove the purchase was made today before 5pm.
I doubled down with a 2nd order and Glockmeister it shipped an hour later, before the deadline. Which I had already met by ordering in time.

And on the 7th Day CA Reverted to it's Suppressed Society and 10 Round Limit on Magazines!
Congratulations to all that was able to purchase a higher capacity magazine between March 29th and April 5th.
A Wild 6 days indeed!
Hopefully in the end after this issue has ran it's course through the courts the magazine limitations will be released for all CA residents.

No, not automatically. The federal judge struck down a California state law as unconstitutional. So this only meant California. However, since this was a federal court decision it will be available as a precedent to be cited. Then you would need a CO court case to challenge the CO law. It could happen, but not today.

Marco Califo said:
....The federal judge struck down a California state law as unconstitutional. So this only meant California. However, since this was a federal court decision it will be available as a precedent to be cited....
Sharkbite said:
...Thanks Marco. Thats what i meant, precedence to challange another States law....

No it's not precedent (The correct term is "precedent", not "precedence." The plural would be "precedents.")

This was a ruling at the District Court level. That is is the trial court level, and trial court rulings aren't precedent. While, a well reasoned memorandum opinion, as this one was, could influence other judges, it's not binding precedent.

An opinion by the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals on the appeal of this case would be precedent which would have to be followed by lower courts -- but only in the Ninth Circuit. A Ninth Circuit opinion might be influential in other Circuits, but it would not be binding on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back